Home Attendance Figures

Pulju Propagandist

Jesse’s Bison
Jul 7, 2016

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
According to ESPN Attendance figures, Edmonton homes games are attended at 98.4% capacity.
2018-2019 NHL Attendance - National Hockey League - ESPN

But everywhere I look for attendance figures shows a consistent attendance figure of 18 347.
2019-20 Edmonton Oilers Team Gamelog | Hockey-Reference.com

That looks as though there are about 293 consistently missing.....

Since, of course, we have consistent sell-outs, what's the reason for the discrepancy?

ESPN has the wrong capacity. This has been an issue for years.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I wonder if the seats each team saves for visiting players counts towards the seat totals.

Rusoilers

Дмитрий Самуроков 38
Oct 9, 2019
Siberia
Well the oilers have been bad for years and yet ticket costs are so much. I look at the prices and it's 2 weeks salary here just for one ticket. Maybe I move to Canada to afford. My dream is to watch one game live. But even though cost increase every year fans still go. I love hockey fans in Canada.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Well the oilers have been bad for years and yet ticket costs are so much. I look at the prices and it's 2 weeks salary here just for one ticket. Maybe I move to Canada to afford. My dream is to watch one game live. But even though cost increase every year fans still go. I love hockey fans in Canada.

Out of curiosity when did you start following the Oilers and was there anything in particular that drew you to the team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad