GDT: Holy Crap There's A Game in a Few Hours! (vs Dallas, 24-Nov)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Alternately, it could also be that our Dmen don't actually suck and certain posters just fixate on the occasional bad that coincidentally ends up in the back of the net while forgetting all the positives and larger samples of strong play. It could also be that certain people build up narratives about certain players and then use every half-instance that even slightly correlates to that narrative as evidence of said narrative.

Here's Gulutzan's interview last night

Sure sounds a lot more grounded than CFHF going full "blow it up" mode. It sounds like it's just a less impressive game in an 82 game season for a team in the thick of a tight playoff race.

The way CFHF frames it you'd think we were the Oilers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Janks and Calculon

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
DEfence was a tire fire. Smith and top line continue to be awesome. Janks line good again but need to put it in the net. Brouwer I thought was decent again. I think if he had a decent Center and a LW with speed he’d be solid. He gets beat up around here but he’s been doing little things well like the solid screen on one of the goals last night.

I wonder if they should call up Rasmus as a motivator and #7 guy who goes in if someone sucks it up. He’s way better than Bart. Also I think it’s time for Hathaway. We need some spirit in the lineup.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Alternately, it could also be that our Dmen don't actually suck and certain posters just fixate on the occasional bad that coincidentally ends up in the back of the net while forgetting all the positives and larger samples of strong play. It could also be that certain people build up narratives about certain players and then use every half-instance that even slightly correlates to that narrative as evidence of said narrative.

Here's Gulutzan's interview last night

Sure sounds a lot more grounded than CFHF going full "blow it up" mode. It sounds like it's just a less impressive game in an 82 game season for a team in the thick of a tight playoff race.

The way CFHF frames it you'd think we were the Oilers.

So you're going to take the coach at face value here when our arguable mvp thus far called out our defensive defenciencies just last game, only to see them amplified last night? If anyone knows what's going on with our d it's Mike Smith, and he wasn't happy

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I also take exception to your blow it up comment. Trading one player from a position of strength to strengthen the rest of the team as is is quite the opposite. This team is close to a contender but not there, the right move could push us over the top.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
This has been the Flames issue all season, giving up grade A scoring chances due to turnovers. If you want to pick on guys for last night the finger is being pointed a lot of the wrong guys. That play is definitely not all on Hamilton for the tying goal, Kulak basically handcuffed him with that bullshit play. That was a huge rookie mistake, the fact you got chased behind the net in that situation is a rookie mistake and I really haven't been a fan of Kulak at all this season. He makes a lot of panic plays in his own zone and really poor at moving the puck up ice. As for the Stone play that is all on Versteeg, that puck was easily his and he straight up gave up on the play. He should be f***ing bench tonight for that lack luster effort .

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
This has been the Flames issue all season, giving up grade A scoring chances due to turnovers. If you want to pick on guys for last night the finger is being pointed a lot of the wrong guys. That play is definitely not all on Hamilton for the tying goal, Kulak basically handcuffed him with that bull**** play. That was a huge rookie mistake, the fact you got chased behind the net in that situation is a rookie mistake and I really haven't been a fan of Kulak at all this season. He makes a lot of panic plays in his own zone and really poor at moving the puck up ice. As for the Stone play that is all on Versteeg, that puck was easily his and he straight up gave up on the play. He should be ****ing bench tonight for that lack luster effort .

I don't like blaming individual players for losses or goals, but if I'd had to choose that 4-4 goal was 99% on Kulak and 1% on Hamilton.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
For what it's worth, defence wasn't really what was wrong last night. Turning the puck over in the d zone isn't a defensive miscue.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
For what it's worth, defence wasn't really what was wrong last night. Turning the puck over in the d zone isn't a defensive miscue.
The problem is that when it's not one, it's usually the other. It's impossible to play mistake free hockey for all 82 games, but for all the talk there's been about our defense you'd think it wouldn't be such a shitshow so often

Reactions: Cyrano

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The problem is that when it's not one, it's usually the other. It's impossible to play mistake free hockey for all 82 games, but for all the talk there's been about our defense you'd think it wouldn't be such a ****show so often
Yeah, I hoped we'd get it together by now, but there's still time. And thinking longterm, this defence corps has basically been put together for a three year window. The stability should pay off by the end of this year and pay dividends going forward.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I don't like blaming individual players for losses or goals, but if I'd had to choose that 4-4 goal was 99% on Kulak and 1% on Hamilton.

It was 100% on the officials, since play should have been waived dead when Bennett was fouled three consecutive times, and we should have been on the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad