Holtby vs Price tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Of course not, Holtby only had 30+ shots and Price 27. Wouldn’t matter if Holtby had 60 saves and price had two shots, Price would have been better, the team in front of him sucks. Am I doing it right? Lol

You think the team in front of him is good? I mean they just missed the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 seasons vs the Caps winning the Metro for the 4th straight season.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
It’s a single game save percentage. Who cares. Holtby made some good saves early in the game. Price also played good. Washington came out on top at the end.

Reactions: Canadienna

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
...well I’d say it is worth 2 points.
if you are using SV from a single game to ascertain which goalie played better, you might want to save yourself the trouble and simply flip a coin.
points are, and it pains me to have to say this on a hockey forum, awarded to the team who scores the most. That's not now or ever linked to save percentage or goalie performance.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Montreal fans. Hold that L and hold missing the playoffs.
we played two very good teams in the last two games, beat tampa by 2 and lost to the caps by one. over the last 10 we also beat the jets ( and unfortunately lost to the jackets). but over the last 10-15 games we made a push. going 6-3-1 isnt great but it isnt awful either.

if our PP had been anything other than it was, we would be in. if we don't get in, we have a good chance to tie the panthers with the team with the most points who missed the playoffs (96). We currently have the same number or more points that a lot of teams in the west ( including las vegas).

the problem is that as we were making a push, the teams we were chasing ( and had to pass because of the tie breaker) were also winning and we lost a critical 4 point game to the jackets.

it will suck if we dont make the post season, but the team exceeded expectations this year.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
we played two very good teams in the last two games, beat tampa by 2 and lost to the caps by one. over the last 10 we also beat the jets ( and unfortunately lost to the jackets). but over the last 10-15 games we made a push. going 6-3-1 isnt great but it isnt awful either.

if our PP had been anything other than it was, we would be in. if we don't get in, we have a good chance to tie the panthers with the team with the most points who missed the playoffs (96). We currently have the same number or more points that a lot of teams in the west ( including las vegas).

the problem is that as we were making a push, the teams we were chasing ( and had to pass because of the tie breaker) were also winning and we lost a critical 4 point game to the jackets.

it will suck if we dont make the post season, but the team exceeded expectations this year.

MTL is a good team, 43-30-8 is a solid season.

A deserving team will miss the playoffs in the east with either 94 or 96 points. Either MTL or CBJ would have already clinched in the West. Tough break for someone, but that's how it goes. And the other team gets the honor of traveling to Florida next week.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
if you are using SV from a single game to ascertain which goalie played better, you might want to save yourself the trouble and simply flip a coin.
points are, and it pains me to have to say this on a hockey forum, awarded to the team who scores the most. That's not now or ever linked to save percentage or goalie performance.

The score is not linked to goalie performance? Damn I’ve been doing this hockey all wrong.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Caps did not have a horrible dee like folin playing for them
Habs had 4 th line with 3rd pairing dee for both goals
They didnt get outgoaled it was outcoached

It was a little bit of both. Washington’s depth overpowered the Habs and, face it based solely on the result, Price once again failed to win a game the Canadiens desperately needed to win. Also Lars Eller.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Caps did not have a horrible dee like folin playing for them
Habs had 4 th line with 3rd pairing dee for both goals
They didnt get outgoaled it was outcoached
The Caps lost a Top 4D for the season less than a week ago and are essentially playing a rookie (Djoos) on their bottom pairing. Your excuses don’t hold water.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
If there was only a site that you can figure out quality of changes.

upload_2019-4-5_8-58-49.png

Reactions: Canadienna

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
My bigger issue with sv% and gaa is that they're average stats.

Price right now has a 918 sv% and 2.49 GAA. But he lost 8-2 to Anaheim recently. If you take away 1 bad game, this goes up to roughly:

921 sv% 2.35 GAA

Crazy how much 1 game can impact a goalie stat over a full year. 1 out of 66 games played.

Look at McDavid - or Kucherov. In their absolute worst game of the year (arguably it could even be a much, much worst game than Carey Price's 8-2 lost to Anaheim might be), the most harm they can do to themselves in the scoring race is....score 0 points. The scoring race is about adding positive results only, even in a bad game they won't ever lose points.

Obviously - this isn't just true for Price, but for all goalies. I just gave a specific example with Carey Price because i followed his season pretty closely.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Whats the point of saying our goalie is better than your goalie in a single game loss? Does it help cope?

I get it that some Montreal fans are frustrated at their coach/team/whatever. But if the Habs were gonna make the playoffs, they should have done it BEFORE playing the Caps last night. The Caps have nothing to do with Montreal.

Last edited:

Arhidia

Jan 6, 2019
The Caps lost a Top 4D for the season less than a week ago and are essentially playing a rookie (Djoos) on their bottom pairing. Your excuses don’t hold water.
my excuse for being outcoached holds lots of water
i never saw djoos playing with the 4th line.
heck he prob better than benn folin kulak.
u ever heard of folin kulak before last night

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
my excuse for being outcoached holds lots of water
i never saw djoos playing with the 4th line.
heck he prob better than benn folin kulak.
u ever heard of folin kulak before last night
First Year Head Coach Todd Rierden outcoached Claude Julien? This is seriously the excuse you wanna go with? The two rosters are simply on different tiers. Simple. If Djoos is already better then 3 of Mtls 6 then the problems with the Habs are worse than I knew. The bottom line is this, stop making excuses for Price and ask him to justify his contract and ego. Once he does that maybe Mtl can get somewhere.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
First Year Head Coach Todd Rierden outcoached Claude Julien? This is seriously the excuse you wanna go with? The two rosters are simply on different tiers. Simple. If Djoos is already better then 3 of Mtls 6 then the problems with the Habs are worse than I knew. The bottom line is this, stop making excuses for Price and ask him to justify his contract and ego. Once he does that maybe Mtl can get somewhere.

Please, tell us more about Prices ego. Cant wait to hear this.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Tell us what he’s ever won at the NHL level. Investigate his antics during the series against the Caps in 2010.

There’s little doubt Price has an inflated sense of himself with very little to justify it and a heap of failures for which he rarely catches appropriate blame. It is what it is.

Last edited:

Arhidia

Jan 6, 2019
its unbelievable what ppl come up with and believe it.
over 500 current nhl players voted price as best goalie
and this guy
im sure even ovie would pick price over holtby if he was starting a team.
price is not the issue
wow man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad