Holmgren cap strategy idea

Richards18Forever

Nov 15, 2006
philadelphia
I started thinking about how we always seem to find a way to circumvent the cap rules and was wondering what possible loops they'd find this year. What does everyone think of this... Is there another team with a Briere like situation and we could make. Make trade, buy the player out, and then resign former player (Briere). I'm not one who supports keeping Briere as I have t been impressed for a while.
But just the possibility of this, is what I wanted everyone's opinion on.......

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I started thinking about how we always seem to find a way to circumvent the cap rules and was wondering what possible loops they'd find this year. What does everyone think of this... Is there another team with a Briere like situation and we could make. Make trade, buy the player out, and then resign former player (Briere). I'm not one who supports keeping Briere as I have t been impressed for a while.
But just the possibility of this, is what I wanted everyone's opinion on.......

No if we get rid of him it will be for good.

clap bomb 16

Jul 9, 2011
Holmgren is a below average GM. The money that he's allowed to spend has made him look better then he really is. The flyers make so many mind boggling decisions that people give them a pass for. Here's a few minor things that have happened in the last couple months alone that certainly aren't the reason we suck, but it doesn't help.

Sestito gone though waivers, then we give up another roster player for Rosehill.

what was the point of that????? Harry Z wasn't gonna light the world on fire but bacause Homer messed up and G was getting bullied we were forced to make a trade that never needed to be made.

We gave up a 7th I believe for Huskins.

Well we could have had Wade Redden for a 7th. Obviously his best days are behind him but which one would you honestly rather have? We were only 2-4 pts out of a playoff spot when this happened.

Little things like this add up.

I was never a fan of JVR but we traded him for a big physical defensman when what this team lacks is a PMD that can get the puck up the ice to the like of Giroux and Voracek.

I hate that this organization is ALWAYS run by former flyers

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Holmgren is a below average GM. The money that he's allowed to spend has made him look better then he really is. The flyers make so many mind boggling decisions that people give them a pass for. Here's a few minor things that have happened in the last couple months alone that certainly aren't the reason we suck, but it doesn't help.

Sestito gone though waivers, then we give up another roster player for Rosehill.

what was the point of that????? Harry Z wasn't gonna light the world on fire but bacause Homer messed up and G was getting bullied we were forced to make a trade that never needed to be made.

We gave up a 7th I believe for Huskins.

Well we could have had Wade Redden for a 7th. Obviously his best days are behind him but which one would you honestly rather have? We were only 2-4 pts out of a playoff spot when this happened.

Little things like this add up.

I was never a fan of JVR but we traded him for a big physical defensman when what this team lacks is a PMD that can get the puck up the ice to the like of Giroux and Voracek.

I hate that this organization is ALWAYS run by former flyers

Out of all the trades to complain about you list Huskins and Rosehill. :biglaugh:

Giroux It

Mar 30, 2013
Elizabethtown, PA
story-21-holmgren-67108.jpg

Your asking me?!?! About my cap strategy?!?!? Well offer outrageous contracts to free agents and fill out the defense with players I can acquire with 6th and 7th round picks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad