Player Discussion Holloway vs Jarvis

2020 14th Pick. Who's your choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Definitely Holloway. I've seen Jarvis in-person at a couple of Canes games, and while he's definitely talented, Holloway strikes me as having more hustle and bite.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
40 points in 68 games as a rookie is impressive. If Holloway comes close to Jarvis' offensive output while being a two-way, forechecking nightmare, then it's easily Holloway.

Reactions: Biltmore and ujju2

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I doubt Holloway puts up 40 points in this rookie year tbh and Jarv did it at a younger age

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Seth Jarvis has done it..

What are we doing here? The pick was made.
You don't need to guess... just watch for a few years.

The majority of Oilers fans wanted Jarvis at that draft so I wanted to see if any body has changed their minds. It's just a light n simple discussion, no need to get aggravated over it lol

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
I was happy with the Holloway pick then and am now. (Unlike the picks the year before and year after which I disliked a lot.)

Yeah, I wanted Zegras in 2019 as well but was also okay with the Broberg pick and it seems like he's Klefbom 2.0 which is good. The Bourgault pick pissed me off only cause Wallstedt was there. If he was chosen before hand then Bourgault would've been fine but that really pissed me off and I had never been so angry at passing over a player before. I also didn't like the Schaefer pick, we either should've traded down or traded it completely for a player like Nils Lundqvist from NYR

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Knowing what we know right now about the 2 players, who would you pick if both were available at 14 back in 2020?
Hard to call , One has made an impact the the NHL and one had his development slowed down because of an injury that required 2 surgeries. Wait 3 years and we will know.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I wanted Jarvis at the draft. Happy with Holloway. The Oilers could use both players

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I was happy with the Holloway pick then and am now. (Unlike the picks the year before and year after which I disliked a lot.)
What do you think of the Reid Schaefer pick? I think it was a safe pick myself but he's a long shot to make the top six.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
What do you think of the Reid Schaefer pick? I think it was a safe pick myself but he's a long shot to make the top six.
Scahefer has a great shot and can find the open spots. If we expect a guy that will be dusitn penner like and score but have faults then the pick is okay but if much else is expected from him I don't see it. I don;t hate the pick becasue I think the draft was suspect.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I would of picked Jarvis before and I would probably still pick him now.

Jarvis had a pretty good year last year.

The other thing with Holloway is we dont really know if his hand injury will hamper him a bit. When he says that he doesnt have full mobility of his hand. It still worries me. He has looked good against weak competition though so far.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well as of right now its pretty hard to say no to 17 goals that came with Jarvis. I think Holloway has a chance to better but if Holloway scores 17 this year I would be ecstatic

This is my answer.

I like Holloway a lot and hope he makes the team because I don't think we have 9 forwards better than him, much less 12, but it's the proven quantity over the unknown.

Jarvis had a really nice playoffs, too.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Jarvis has shown he can hang around and will improve.

That being said, Holloway plays like a monster. He's the power forward we need if he develops like that.

Donner

Jul 16, 2022
Right now Jarvis because hes actualy done it. But I think both have similar ceilings

Reactions: McDrai

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad