Holland Interview On TSN

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I could be mistaken, but I feel like in recent years Holland used to always include Franzen into his group of core players.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I could be mistaken, but I feel like in recent years Holland used to always include Franzen into his group of core players.

I also find it interesting that he didn't include Howard on that list either

between that and calling Mrazek untouchable things could get interesting in a couple years

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
nice to have non-core goalie signed at 5+ mil for 5 more years with NMC/NTC that was just signed last year.

anyway, typical kenny interview. only thing i've gripe at is 'we like were we are at' but that might just be kenny being kenny.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Its worth noting that negotions with DeKeyser are ongoing. I dont expect Holland to be overly gushy about DK until the his name's signed on the dotted line. Then come the prodigal son stories.

Good point, I didn't really think about that.

I probably take Holland's quotes too seriously anyways. The guy is one of the more notorious for saying things to the public, but thinking/doing the opposite.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I wouldn't read too much into his list of core players. He was talking about the transition going on and younger players supporting the core, which is happening on forward and defense right now but not with our goalies. I'm sure he sees Howard as part of our core.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Where are you getting that from?

The Kings won as a #6 seed in the conference this year.

They won as the #8 seed in the West in 2012.

Now I agree with your overall point (to a degree), but your evidence is off.

Yeah, almost immediately after I posted, I realized I forgot about LA. My bad. But, as you said, one or two exceptions don't disprove the overwhelming trend.

Stanley Cups go to the elite teams, or occasionally to an average team with a hot goalie. Detroit has fit neither category for 5 years and counting.

RedMachine87

May 20, 2011
A^2
nice to have non-core goalie signed at 5+ mil for 5 more years with NMC/NTC that was just signed last year.

anyway, typical kenny interview. only thing i've gripe at is 'we like were we are at' but that might just be kenny being kenny.

Is that correct? For some reason I thought Howard didn't have a NMC/NTC...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad