Post-Game Talk: Holl wins it in OT. Leafs defeat the Sens 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Nice win but here’s my hot take - I don’t believe Matthews wrist is the problem. I believe they are overplaying him. He looks gassed out there. Does anyone else think that a slight reduction in minutes will help keep him fresh?

He hasn’t played since Saturday, his wrist is still healing and he’s had some bad luck.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm glad Holl scored, he had an outstanding game.

Also if it's not obvious to everyone that Matthews has tremendous value even when he doesn't score, it should be

I don't think anyone would dispute that. He's just been very snake bit/hobbled and not the same as the couple of month of the season.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Our goalie has a couple gaffs and still has a .935 SV% and the win. It's refreshing to see.

f*** Ottawa and f*** all the whining in the GDT.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Really glad we won. All in all bit of a middling effort though, although one goal against was totally on Campbell and hopefully he figures out that part of the game.
I think he will. A lot easier to fix puck mishandles then not saving shots. the most basic solution being, not playing the puck too much, but even then those two errors are uncommon at worst and extremely ludicrous at best, especially the second one in which the giveaway wasn’t even the problem really it was the positioning afterwards along with the dman having a stick where the sun don’t shine
He’ll fix and rebound from this game
P.S funny saying he’ll rebound from a .93+ game

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Hearing Poulin complain about lack of communication in those GA is painful. They're bad executions by Campbell on the right reads. He just doesn't do what he needs to, which is get by the first wave

Reactions: stickty111

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
He hasn’t played since Saturday, his wrist is still healing and he’s had some bad luck.

He looked absolutely gassed at the end of the game. I do think Keefe is running him into the ground a bit. But I agree with the bad luck. I believe it’s more bad luck than wrist injury

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
Ottawa in 2nd of a back to back with their 5th string goalie and is one of the worse teams in the league.

The leafs coming off a 4 day break.

No real excuse for it being that close... but I'll take the win and run.
The sens are definitely a better team than their record dictates. They might have been a top 10 team in the east this year.

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Not a pretty win but you wince and move on.

That Matthews soccer play to save the game was pretty spectacular. Not a lot of guys could pull that off and then attack the other way.

Hes got a little practise with that block.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Though the "top 4" guys all had a pretty good game even if some didn't end up in the score sheet. Campbell ends the game with a .935

A lot to like. While I'd also prefer to see the main guys light things up, it's a good thing when the teams depth guys contribute offensively, not a negative

Reactions: Gallagbi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad