Post-Game Talk: Holl and Keefe hand Tampa the victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Just run three lines all game I guess.

Pretty sure those games had overtime
I just laid out where and how to play them. They had a D zone shift 3 min prior, we just rolled through 3 offensive zone shifts with the top 9 then he went back to the 4th line and we gave up a goal.

Skip that shift and only play them the rest of the game if we have a D zone faceoff. They have a roll, offensive pressure down a goal with less than 10 min left isnt one

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I hate to say it but I actually miss Pierre Engvall.

Really do not understand why we thought Lafferty and ZAK would be better than him.
My enduring memory of Engvall is him refusing to go with Brandon f***ing Hagel in last year's playoffs. We need more pushback than that. I wish him all the best but he can go f*** himself if that's how he conducts himself in the playoffs.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
For the right deal I'd trade Matthews as well. He disappears for long stretches and imho he'd prefer to play in theUS
We should be scared AF to lose him for nothing. If you ask me, we should also be scared of paying him $16M from the age of 27-34, since paying him $11M and getting the best years of his life was already not a formula for success.

Trade him for a king's ransom and see what you can do with that cap space. Let the agonizing decision about whether to keep or trade at the deadline be someone else's problem.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
We should be scared AF to lose him for nothing. If you ask me, we should also be scared of paying him $16M from the age of 27-34, since paying him $11M and getting the best years of his life was already not a formula for success.

Trade him for a king's ransom and see what you can do with that cap space. Let the agonizing decision about whether to keep or trade at the deadline be someone else's problem.

Can I interest you in Tanner Jeannot? He's apparently worth a king's ransom.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
We had a chance to win a series for the first time in 19 years and you turned off the game in a 1-score game in the second period?

And you posted in the PGT less than 3 minutes after it was created?
theres something called updates for final scores, and yes i turned it off.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I get not wanting to watch, but why waste your time bragging about it or posting on a message board focusing on the team?
a brag? lol wut? im still a fan and allowed to post. and i like talking about the team. ive learned when im not having a good time watching a game i can do something else. thats what i did. i dont hurl insults at players or freak out when we lose, at the end of the day it doesnt effect my life.

Reactions: Moonman

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Can I interest you in Tanner Jeannot? He's apparently worth a king's ransom.
I think the entire world knows they overpaid, but the sheer number of assets makes it look worse than it was. The 3rd, 4th, 5th and Foote aren't even worth the 1st rounder all together, and maybe only about as much as the 2nd. So although it was about 2-3X what anyone should have paid for that plug, it was no king's ransom.

The real assets are 1st round picks, young roster players and blue chip prospects. Matthews could fetch a handful of those. that's a king's ransom. He could potentially fetch the 2nd biggest return ever garnered for a single player.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
What bars you looking at? Would be cool if a bunch of us showed up for the game.

I live in the East End, there's many bars here. But maybe something more central and easily accessible would be Loose Moose?

Side note, but the Raptors fans who have grown up in Toronto/GTA and hate on the Leafs or make fun of them and denounce any affiliation to the team while acting superior can go to hell. You're from the same city but you're gonna clown your own local team? Most of these morons conveniently forget the embarrassing 'Craptors' years of getting scored 84 pts on by Kobe Bryant, every star leaving us and nobody wanting to come here. Guaranteed they were Lakers, Spurs and Celtics fans or just straight up Bronsexuals before.

These people are almost as bad as the hockey fans who grew up here but chose to cheer for a team they have no link to, like Detroit, Colorado, Pittsburgh, Boston etc when they have not set foot in any of those cities.

That describes my friends to a TEE.

They were celebrating the game five loss. Definitely don't wanna watch any playoffs game with them .

Reactions: 1specter

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Strange time to bring up Kevin Stevens.
Edit: Scott Stevens.

Holl must have seen a bit of Scott Stevens because he tried to lay out Hagel last night at the blueline and failed miserably...maybe in game 6, he'll try a Bobby Orr special going end-to-end...who knows, he might trip over Samsov and fly through the air after Tampa scores...:sarcasm:

Last edited:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Holl must have seen a bit of Kevin Stevens because he tried to lay out Hagel last night at the blueline and failed miserably...maybe in game 6, he'll try a Bobby Orr special going end-to-end...who knows, he might trip over Samsov and fly through the air after Tampa scores...:sarcasm:
Oh, I get it now. You mean Scott Stevens. The defenseman from Jersey, not the power forward from Pittsburgh.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
That's genius, Einstein would approve...:sarcasm:
1682726369887.png

Einstein has agreed to clarify his definition to remove any ambiguity and make this as clear as possible for coach Keefe to understand. :sarcasm:

:cool::cool::cool:

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I don’t even want to know what the lines are. It’s just going to piss me off.

Yes I have a life outside of hockey, but this is the most important part of the year for our passion/hobby and I can’t stand to watch one guy throw our entire season away because he doesn’t understand how to adjust the lines. He has a way better roster then Cooper and he’s been out coached 4 out of 5 games. The guy cannot return next season even if we win. And why Shanny and Dubas aren’t in this guys ear to override his moronic decisions I will never know.

Moonman

Jul 3, 2015
a brag? lol wut? im still a fan and allowed to post. and i like talking about the team. ive learned when im not having a good time watching a game i can do something else. thats what i did. i dont hurl insults at players or freak out when we lose, at the end of the day it doesnt effect my life.
I'm the same way. If I'm not entertained, or I'm getting pissed off, I just do something else.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Corsi For % of 38% represents poor effort / poor team execution.
They either had poor effort or poor skill.
Not necessarily, its just a shot metric caculation. If a team has a high Corsi but low amount of high danger shots vs a team with a high number of high danger shot but low Corsi , it does not mean the team with a low Corsi has low effort, it could just mean they are more selective with their shot attempts.
  • Corsi For % (CF%) = CF / (CF + CA)
  • Corsi For (CF) = Shot attempts for at even strength: Shots + Blocks + Misses[2]
  • Corsi Against (CA) = Shot attempts against at even strength: Shots + Blocks + Misses

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I'm starting to think we might see an 11/7 again, limit his ES minutes and slide Liljegren in there.
I agree with you and this decision if made.
Out with the somewhat useless Lafferty and ZAR
In with Lily, Bunting.

Both players being added to the line-up are stronger than the 2 exiting.
Makes the team stronger.

Reactions: authentic

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
What did the reporter say?
something like "is there a reason you keep going back to Justin Holl when he's been on the ice for 73% of the goals against and you have a guy like Timothy Liljigren sitting in the press box?"

Keefe fumbled for a response and stormed off right after.

Reactions: supermann_98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad