Recalled/Assigned: Holden called up - Nikitin to IR

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@Aportzline: #CBJ will recall D Nick Holden from AHL Springfield. He has 4-18-22 +13 in 44 games with @TheFalconsAHL this season.â€

“@Aportzline: One of #CBJ moves coming today is putting D Nikita Nikitin on injured reserve. Will be retro to Jan. 30, but need roster spot for call-up.â€

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
He looked good last time he was here, and I have no reason to believe he won't this time. Those are good AHL numbers, and I think that this guy is close to being ready for prime time.

JawandaPuck

Lost Art of Dynasty
Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
I remember him from a couple years ago. Smooth for a big man.

When all are back and healthy, I wouldn't be too surprised if Holden gets the 7th d-man roster spot, which would allow the youngsters more playing time by being in the AHL.

bizzz*

Nikitin, Wiz and Aucoin all played on the right side, so I expected one of Golo or Prout to get called up since both of them are righthanded, but glad to see Holden up here again. He was solid when I had a chance to watch the Falcons games. Sucks for Springfield though. The Falcons have lost 7 top guys since the lock out was over and that's amazing they keep winning.
Savard is the only righthanded d-man on the roster now.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@RobMixer: Nikitin's upper body injury, suffered Jan. 29 at Minnesota, is expected to sideline him approximately one week. #CBJ”

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Holden did well during his previous auditions. Glad to see him get another opportunity to show what he can do.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Wow, we have taken a beating. At least this time the call-up is gonna get some practice time, and a chance to get slotted properly before the next game starts.
I hope Springfield can keep it up, they deserve play-offs for the efforts they have put in this season.

mt-svk

CBJ/OTT fan
Jun 6, 2007
Great, so our defense is:
Johnson, Tjutin and....
Erixon, Moore, Savard, Holden

:yo:

but it is good youngs will get experiences :)

stickguy

Jan 20, 2013
I was surprisd when Holden was not the first Dman recalled. He should be just fine.[/QUOTE said:
As a Falcons follower I would have to agree with you! He is more NHL ready then the other young d-men that were called up. Not flashy but a steady and solid pro. Played big minutes against the top lines and was able to contribute offensively when given the chance in Springfield. The big thing is he doesn't hurt you in either end of the ice which isn't the case with some of the other young d-men. Has leadership qualities as well (wore the C in the WHL and the A in Springfield). Surprised he wasn't called up sooner or picked up by another club.

FlaggerX

Mar 21, 2008
Columbus
Consider the Red Wings are also down 5 defensemen. Given the short season, compressed schedule and lack of any real training camp to get people into shape my guess is everyone has injury problems and everyone is going to be raiding their AHL franchise, which should at least ease some of the sting at Springfield. At least we have some defensive depth to call from.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Do you think this will be it before they try an emergency signing? Or do they call up guys like Prout and Goloubef?

Defensemen out:
Murray (season)
Wisniewski
Aucoin
Nikitin
Moore (?)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Soooooo JMFJ versus our opponent pretty much. Ya I'm all for that. No need for the other 5 guys on the ice (yes, goalie is included, I'm sure he can somehow play goalie too) :D

"Ladies and gentlemen, the starting lineup for the Columbus Blue Johnsons. At forward we have Jack Johnson centering Jack Johnson and Jack Johnson; on the blueline we have Jack Johnson paired with Jack Johnson, and Jack Johnson will be starting in net tonight."

bizzz*

"Ladies and gentlemen, the starting lineup. At forward we have Jack Johnson centering Jack Johnson and Jack Johnson; on the blueline we have Jack Johnson paired with Jack Johnson, and Jack Johnson will be starting in net tonight for the Jackets."

Everyone heard of The Jackson Five. You guys are about to invent The Johnson Six.

arudick

Jan 31, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
"Ladies and gentlemen, the starting lineup for the Columbus Blue Johnsons. At forward we have Jack Johnson centering Jack Johnson and Jack Johnson; on the blueline we have Jack Johnson paired with Jack Johnson, and Jack Johnson will be starting in net tonight."

We would never lose!

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
@RobMixer "#CBJ D Nikita Nikitin taking some line rushes, and he's eligible to come off IR. No word on whether he's fit to play tonight."

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@RobMixer: Hope is for Nikitin to play Thursday vs. Calgary, Richards said. John Moore didn't skate today. #CBJ”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad