Hold your heads on high, Devils nation

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
In a weird sort of underdog mentality.. I'm slowly agreeing with you.

Except my expectations for this team have taken a major hit. I do expect the team itself to play hard and be fun to watch.. just not be very good.

losing is never fun to watch.

whatever

matteau will save us.

Kevo18

Jan 11, 2011
Hold your heads high fellow devils fans, hold it high. Gomez, Holik, Gionta, Rafalski, Parise, Clarkson, Kovalchuk, do you know what I see in these names?
I see strength. Not strength in the players, but strength in the team that has and will thrive DISPITE them. What has this team proved besides that time and time again, we have over come? We WILL over come. Yes, our backs may be broken for a short while, but that which breaks only heals stronger. I trust in the devils, with Lou or without, to continue providing the level of excellence that is expected of this organization.
So weep now if you must my fellow fan. Because like a Phoenix, we will rise from the ashes, and we will hoist the grail once again.

We will hoist the cup once more, I promise you.

Lets go Devils!

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
No need to act like the franchise is in jeopardy, you guys will be more than OK. You guys have a solid team and I look forward to playing this club next season.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Will never stop cheering for the Devils but we are going to suck for awhile.

Best case senerio that I can see is squeaking into the last playoff seed and getting crushed in the first round.

A team cannot lose Parise , Kovalchuk, Clarkson ( approx 100 goals,in total) and replace them with Ryder and Clowe ( 50 goals at the very most)

Sure JJ loki and teddy could surprise , but in all honesty, can they pick up 50+ goals in slack.... Nope.

Numerous players are going to have to put up career best numbers and Schneider is going to have to have a Vezina calibre season for us to make the playoffs.

What hurts the most is losing two elite players for nothing in return.it set us years back.

What's even more depressing is that we have no offensive prospects besides Boucher , and traded a top 9 pick this year and no pick next year so...... No help in sight for forwards coming up within the system.

I just hope we don't panic and do something stupid like trade for someone like Heatley or Havlat or Gionta. We cannot afford to give any assets away right now.

Only hope is bandaid UFA's until we gather enough assets to be competitive again.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
To me the most galling aspect is all the trouble we went through to get him and then retain him, and he just up and quits. Ridiculous.

elindholm

Jun 3, 2013
It's a big blow to the team. But, we're have great goaltending, pretty much same "D" that went to cup finals 2 yrs ago. Question marks definately @ fw however. pp and pk especially Kovy did have a few shorties

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
To me the most galling aspect is all the trouble we went through to get him and then retain him, and he just up and quits. Ridiculous.

pretty much.

‘youre dead to me, kovy. youre more dead to me than your dead mother..’

DevilsJunkie

Jul 28, 2009
Biggest Little City
<------ Eternal Optimist.

This is totally unsubstantiated, but I can see this team becoming a tighter-knit unit due to this adversity. This team can make it to the second round of the playoffs.

Metalcommand

Mar 3, 2010
It would make an awesome story if the Devils went to the playoffs and did some damage. Let the storm loose! :nod:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I for one still expect the Dev's to be a playoff team. Don't see this as a franchise killer at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad