Hold your heads on high, Devils nation

Metalcommand

Mar 3, 2010
Blackhawk coming in with sympathy and foremost with immense respect.

If there is one franchise in this league that can go through what happened today and eventually come back just as strong, just as proud it's you guys in New Jersey. Class, respect and resilience. Those are the words that first come to mind when hearing the words ''New Jersey Devils''

No matter how terrible this is remember, no war has ever been lost because of one traitor.

Devils will rise again! I'd wage a lot of money on that.

TheDarkSideOfThePuck

Aug 27, 2009
Ottawa
I'm confident we can have success without Marty, I'm confident we can have success without Kovy. I'm afraid of this team future when Lou will be gone.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio

If there is one franchise in this league that can go through what happened today and eventually come back just as strong, just as proud it's you guys in New Jersey. Class, respect and resilience. Those are the words that first come to mind when hearing the words ''New Jersey Devils''

No matter how terrible this is remember, no war has ever been lost because of one traitor.

Thanks. We'll see you in the playoffs.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Thanks for the kind words. Will be a big test for the team, but the Devils usually find a way. Consensus says we're lottery pick bound = deep Cup run.

Feb 2, 2009
Manalapan, NJ
It has always been the team philosophy of the New Jersey Devils to play greater than the sum of their parts. I see no reason for that to change. As much as this hurts, this team will come out of the starting gate with a chip on their shoulder. They're gonna be mad, and they're gonna kick some ass. I, for one, can't wait. Let's Go Devils.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
ok, so the retirement thread is moving a mile a minute and full of Kovy opinions. can we use this as a going-forward planning thread?

I feel like we have to sign a Brunner type, out him up top and hope he slam dunks bigtime

this is gonna have a big effect on Loki too I feel

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The first thing Lou should do is let us fans see a prospects game at The Rock next week.
Open up the main rink, let all fans come in for free to watch our future players and possible stars.

It would certainly be a good step at making us fans feel better about this.

I would think most franchises would do this, Lou has to get with the times in this area and be more fan friendly.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We got pity posts when Alfredsson took off.

Not nearly the same thing, but I feel your pain, so here's mine.

MxH0CKEY

Aug 27, 2008
Planet Earth
ok, so the retirement thread is moving a mile a minute and full of Kovy opinions. can we use this as a going-forward planning thread?

I feel like we have to sign a Brunner type, out him up top and hope he slam dunks bigtime

this is gonna have a big effect on Loki too I feel

Negative or positive effect? He could get more ice time for sure now..

DevilChuk*

Dude we lost a player not a franchise. People didnt feel sorry for us when Parise left (without any compensation back just like Kovalchuk).

It is what it is. If it breaks the franchise's back for a few years, then so be it. As long as we don't start hearing Seattle rumors we'll be fine.

Parise left in FA.
Kovalchuk just... picked up and decided to leave.

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA

Thank you for your support.

Going forward, I hope Lou doesn't have a knee jerk reaction signing (I don't think he will). I'll already was hoping that he'd sign Brunner and Grabs but I doubt that can happen if Kovi's $$$ doesn't come off the books.

Anyone know if getting Kovi's $$$ off the books is possible? (fingers crossed)

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Thank you for your support.

Going forward, I hope Lou doesn't have a knee jerk reaction signing (I don't think he will). I'll already was hoping that he'd sign Brunner and Grabs but I doubt that can happen if Kovi's $$$ doesn't come off the books.

Anyone know if getting Kovi's $$$ off the books is possible? (fingers crossed)
It's already off the books. We're stuck with a $250,000 cap recapture penalty for the next 12 years or something, but the contract is otherwise voided.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
to the op;

tumblr_m4rrd0U3NS1r05tymo1_250.jpg

kinda hard today.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks. We've lost other key players before and have always rebounded. Maybe not as well as we've liked but still rebounded nonetheless. Still confident we will be fine going forward. Still plenty of time to make other moves and solidify a roster.

*Bob Richards*

If it's any consolation at all, your team has always managed to make noise in virtually every single season over the course of my entire life (and ruining my dreams several times in the process). I don't expect next year to be any different.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
I'm confident we can have success without Marty, I'm confident we can have success without Kovy. I'm afraid of this team future when Lou will be gone.

This is the one real thing that has stood against time. Unfortunately, Lou's years are numbered.

MountainGoat

hopefully something amazing happens this season because I don't feel excited to watch at all

yehyeh

Devils. Devils? Yeah, Devils.
Dec 17, 2011
NNJ
hopefully something amazing happens this season because I don't feel excited to watch at all

It's amazing how hockey season ready I was yesterday. Even excited to try to get a guy like Grabo/Brunner/Jagr in our lineup with Kovalfuk. Now... I'm just so defeated.

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
I want to second OP's notion. While many Rangers fans have a hatred for your team, and some have laughed at the misfortune today I have always been envious of the Devils and the way they are run. The 2000 Devils are still the team in my mind that I have ever watched that had the most chemistry, maybe not the most talented on paper, but chemistry and cohesiveness I have never seen a team come close to it.

I genuinely feel horrible for you guys. Ilya is a huge loss no doubt, but anyone who would pull something like this probably wasn't gonna work out in the long run for you. I agreed wholeheartedly with OP, if there is any franchise that can recover from today's disaster it's the Devils. I have never seen such an annoyingly resilient franchise. Whenever people blow you guys off in the preseason predictions I roll my eyes in disgust. Never ever count the Devils out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00