Post-Game Talk: Hold on to your beers, Hawks down Jets 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Tell me we already have our playoff avatars in the works. That guys face is priiiiiceless

Can spin it off of the I AM thing the hawks are doing...

I AM the PARDY

Nothingman*

File the whole incident under "who cares."

I do too. I mean, if the Jets players had not made an issue and kept Pardy in there while Bollig was helping him up after a clean, solid hit this would have never happened.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
This year, these are by far the most reserved, docile crowds I have seen since their was 5000 people in the stadium.

It was completely dead last night until this hit. There's far too many people not getting in when the period starts and then having to wait 3 minutes for a whistle, and then like 25% of the crowd was gone with 4-5:00 left. :shakehead

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Cued up:

[NHL]478425&startTime=20[/NHL]

I can't see why anyone on either side is worked about this. The helmet part at least is hilarious. The beer part probably belongs in Moose Jaw or Rockford, but still not the end of the world.

It's not like a Hawks fan did an elbow drop on Pardy.

It added a little spice to an otherwise boring game.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I’ve been watching Pirri closely - He is still learning, had one shaky shift defensively that I saw - the rest of the game however he was good, I’d even go so far as saying solid at both ends of the rink. It’s only a matter of time before Q gives him more ice time, especially when he snipes like he did on the breakaway. Kane and he have yet to find that chemistry, but defensively the line has not hurt us.

Agreed. I was being facetious. I've been pretty happy with Pirri's play on the second line.

Ben Grimm

Blue collar cool 🛒
Dec 10, 2007
Lower E. Side
distrokid.com
It was completely dead last night until this hit. There's far too many people not getting in when the period starts and then having to wait 3 minutes for a whistle, and then like 25% of the crowd was gone with 4-5:00 left. :shakehead
With greater success and rising ticket prices we're starting to get LA Laker type crowds. Come late and leave early.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I’ve been watching Pirri closely - He is still learning, had one shaky shift defensively that I saw - the rest of the game however he was good, I’d even go so far as saying solid at both ends of the rink. It’s only a matter of time before Q gives him more ice time, especially when he snipes like he did on the breakaway. Kane and he have yet to find that chemistry, but defensively the line has not hurt us.

He got 16:10 last night. That's 6th among forwards. Without PK time, it's within 30 seconds of Saad. Can't really see more than that, unless he takes some PP time from Shaw, but they play very different roles on that so it won't happen.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012

I've never been to a game the Hawks were winning that emptied out like that. I went to the bathroom about 2 minutes after the game ended and didn't have to wait in line. That hasn't happened since the beginning of 07-08.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I thought both the beer and the helmet were pretty hilarious tbh . . . Pardy didn't seem worried at all about it later - seemed like he found it funny even. It might not have been so funny or passable if the two doing the deeds weren't so obviously drunk as skunks. And Pardy did end up getting his helmet back.

At least no one sucker punched Pardy or something similar . . . That would've been crossing the line. This was more funny.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Btw, haven't seen anyone mention Toews arm or hand . . . really hope it doesn't come out that its fractured or something and that he has to miss time. Jonathon seemed to play with pain long after the slash.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
16 minutes of ice time for Pirri surprises me. I didn’t notice him much in the 1st period. Q likes to ease him into games, but maybe it indicates that Q is beginning to trust him more. However, I agree that he and Kane need to be split up. Opposition like Flames or Jets will not necessarily exploit any of our weaknesses but plenty of other teams can and will. Seems quite obvious, but knowing Q, he won’t make the change until we get burned or lose a few games. Toews and Kane together again is the easy solution – and sooner, rather than later. The upcoming schedule is not too bad – it’s an ideal time to let Pirri settle into an established new line (and let Kane whittle away at his putrid plus/minus). Later in the month we go on our annual road trip. The team needs to be ready for a tough stretch of games.

Anyway, back to last night’s game. I suppose part of it was because they were dominating but I didn’t find it boring at all and I was happy with the effort. Didn’t mind Brookbank at wing either. Leddy seems much stronger on the puck these days, Hammer is solid and Oduya is not making those bone headed giveaways (knock on wood). Hossa seems to be rounding into top shape, Sharp is creating lot’s of chances for himself, and it’s looking more and more like we finally have a 2nd line center.

On the ugly side - I didn’t appreciate the slashing and stick work from the Jets though, especially when the officials continue to ignore it. I’m getting a little annoyed that they’ll call a slash to an ops stick and then not call the dangerous ones to the hands and wrists. Both Toews and Saad were hacked pretty good out there. These need to be called – ignoring them is not good for the game.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Anyway, back to last night’s game. I suppose part of it was because they were dominating but I didn’t find it boring at all and I was happy with the effort. Didn’t mind Brookbank at wing either.

I shouldn't have used the term "boring." I enjoy watching us dominate.

It's just that the Jets don't feel like a threat in any way and I never felt like the game was ever in question. Usually, you can say "On any given night..." but the Jets have a ways to go before they'll be any threat to us.

Sometimes I need the fear of losing to get me engaged wholly in a game and this was just another day at the office.

As far as Brookbank, he did okay, but why put him in instead of Morin? The only thing I can think of is that Q is sending another of his "messages."

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Agreed. I'll take nice, boring games where a Hawks win is decided early over nail biters every day.

Leave tense games to ones where I don't have a horse in the race. As I always say, I always pull for the easy sweep for the Hawks in the playoffs and the seven game series with multiple OTs for everyone else.

bulletwwings

Aug 17, 2011
Enemy Territory, STL
As far as Brookbank, he did okay, but why put him in instead of Morin? The only thing I can think of is that Q is sending another of his "messages."

Kitchen talked about that in between periods and said they wanted Rozy and Brookbank fresh since they had been sharing time and sitting some games. Considering we have a back to back every weekend this month I don't think it was a bad decision. Plus missing one game won't really hurt Morin.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Kitchen talked about that in between periods and said they wanted Rozy and Brookbank fresh since they had been sharing time and sitting some games. Considering we have a back to back every weekend this month I don't think it was a bad decision. Plus missing one game won't really hurt Morin.

Now that you mention it...

I had forgotten that interview.

My bad.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Tell me we already have our playoff avatars in the works. That guys face is priiiiiceless

Can spin it off of the I AM thing the hawks are doing...

I AM the PARDY

2580044.jpg

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
16 minutes of ice time for Pirri surprises me. I didn’t notice him much in the 1st period. Q likes to ease him into games, but maybe it indicates that Q is beginning to trust him more. However, I agree that he and Kane need to be split up.

I think part of that is because Kane always has the puck. When Kane plays with Jonny they seem to share it more. Pirri also seemed to have more of the puck in the first few games on the fourth line. I think you are right--maybe swap Hossa and Kane (although 10/19/81 had their best game yet last night so timing is not great). Early days though, and the right time to be finding out what combos work best.

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011

Based on their play so far, Smith has been every bit as good as Morin (better in my opinion). Morin has been fine, but if he wants that job he he is going to have to continue to earn it. The competition at third and fourth line right wing is very healthy.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
What would you give us for Dustin Byfuglien.

He is a little lazy & often out of position.
you still should play him as forward

looks like you haven't watched closely enough then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad