HOHHOF -- Early Era -- Round 5 Results

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Here are the results for Round 5 of the History of Hall Hall of Fame -- Early Era group.

There were 25 voters (100 votes) submitted this time around. Participation level is remaining stable. I kinda hit a bump in the road two weeks ago -- totally okay by now -- and I was also gone for the weekend, hence the delay.

Last round looked a lot like round 2 in terms of voting : one guy getting in, and a little too much guys splitting the bulk of the votes to get another one in.

The History of Hockey Hall of Fame is please to welcome...

A most important player in developping the game west of Kenora, who got known as an adept and physical forward, and as the first known player to wear a helmet/mask

- C Dan Bain

History of Hockey Hall of Fame -- Round 5
| Player | Votes | % of votes |
1| Dan Bain |21|84.00%
2| Hod Stuart |17|68.00%
3| Tommy Philipps |17|68.00%
4| Frank McGee |16|64.00%
5| Georges Vezina |12|48.00%
6| Harvey Pulford |7|28.00%
7| Cy Denneny |4|16.00%
8| Mike Grant |3|12.00%
9| Lester Patrick |2|8.00%
10| Alf Smith |1|4.00%

- Some guys actually LOST votes. We lost a voter, but George Boucher and Hobey Baker are gone from this round, while Mike Grant actually lost two votes.
- This looks a lot like round 2 : one guy getting in, a few guys are close. This could mean a big round 6 (like Round 3).
- This is the revenge of pre-WWI guys. I don't know if there will be "new" players next round (or if Boucher will make a comeback), but it looks like it will be slim pickings again next round, with Vezina looking like a hopeful at best.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Alf smith got a vote this early? Go figure.

Anyway, I don't like that only Bain got in. I do like that the next four guys in votes are the next four guys I think should go in. I really thought Phillips and Stuart would get in too and was prepared to make McGee and Vezina my two locks for this round.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Alf smith got a vote this early? Go figure.

Anyway, I don't like that only Bain got in. I do like that the next four guys in votes are the next four guys I think should go in. I really thought Phillips and Stuart would get in too and was prepared to make McGee and Vezina my two locks for this round.

Hummm... the only guy I feel safe about making a case for (him) over Georges Vezina is...

Mike Grant, who's probably Round 9 material at this point.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I just can't vote for pulford just yet when contemporaries Hod Stuart (fellow defenseman) and Frank McGee (teammate) appear to have been more highly thought of, both at the time and decades later.

After the five I mentioned, there are a variety of players I could see as worthy next choices - Pulford,Lester Patrick, Denneny, moose Johnson, Eddie Gerard, Harry Trihey, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad