Recalled/Assigned: Hoglander sent to AHL; Juulsen Recalled

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
paper transaction.. code for work on your defensive game, get confidence back and score and we will call you back up once those goals are accomplished.

Reactions: Indiana

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
If Hoglander is going to remain on the team then he needs to add tools. A big one would be penalty killing.

This team is poorly constructed in that virtually the entire team is offensive, powerplay players. Everyone has the same toolboxes. Way too few have quality penalty killer in their arsenal.

The term "200 foot" player is way too loosely used on this team.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I believe them when they say Hoglander's demotion was a 'paper transaction'. With Poolman, Dermott, Stillman and now Hughes likely 'out' for tonight's game, they're dramatically short on the blueline. So Rathbone is 'in'.

And if Hoglander isn't playing anyway they save a bit of salary. Unfortunately when you're as tight to the cap as the Canucks, these kind of transactions become necessary.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Only on these boards can there be outrage at sending a bottom 6 forward to the minors after the team goes winless in their first 5 games. :laugh:

Oh well, sounds like a logistical thing anyway.

I don't think people have an issue with "a bottom 6 forward" being sent down to the minors, as we all acknowledge this is a logistical issue.

But more to your point, we've lost five straight and instead of giving Hoglander a chance to show what he can do, management keeps rolling with the under-performing players who've delivered five straight losses.

That said, it's up to Hoglander to show he's one dimensional and force his way on to the roster. It really does seem that he has a higher hurdle to clear than some favoured vets, but he just has to continue to force their hand.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Bruce doesn't like or trust Hoglander and we are watching a players development getting derailed before our very eyes. I get the sense management also wants to trade him.

At this rate this guy will be traded for a medicore return.
Mediocre players typically generate mediocre returns

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
Hogs should’ve been in the AHL getting the Kapanen treatment in 20-21 or the following season. Utica wasn’t capable of developing players anyways, but in a good organization that’s where he would’ve been.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Hoglander would be better served playing a bigger role in the AHL. Maybe it happens in DiGuiseppe is healthy or we could call up Karlsson to replace Hoglander.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Seeing Hoglander moved up in the line-up and Pearson down (as per practice lines) makes me wonder if they've realized they're boo-boo.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Seeing Hoglander moved up in the line-up and Pearson down (as per practice lines) makes me wonder if they've realized they're boo-boo.
Is it a boo-boo playing a guy who's got 4 goals in his last 48 games....and 1 assist this season (as opposed to Pearsons 4..)..does not PK, and is suspect in his own end...?

Is this a dramatic improvement.?

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Is it a boo-boo playing a guy who's got 4 goals in his last 48 games....and 1 assist this season (as opposed to Pearsons 4..)..does not PK, and is suspect in his own end...?

Is this a dramatic improvement.?

Yeah, Hoglander had a solid camp and if we're going to amount to anything he either needs to be given the chance to develop into his potential as he's exactly what we'll need (cheap, cost-controlled with upside) whereas Pearson can't be part of the team's long-term future and Pearson hasn't been particularly a stellar performer who should be held to a higher standard as a vet.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah, Hoglander had a solid camp and if we're going to amount to anything he either needs to be given the chance to develop into his potential as he's exactly what we'll need (cheap, cost-controlled with upside) whereas Pearson can't be part of the team's long-term future and Pearson hasn't been particularly a stellar performer who should be held to a higher standard as a vet.
Agreed that Hog had a solid camp, and that TP isnt part of the future...No argument there.....but if you're the coach right now, I would say that Pearson holds more value in the lineup than Hogs does...Pearson got a primary assist last night.

4 goals in 49 games for Hogs is not top 9 production...How else is he currently helping the team?

I'm rooting for Hogs,but he needs to kick it up a notch.

Reactions: MarkMM

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Agreed that Hog had a solid camp, and that TP isnt part of the future...No argument there.....but if you're the coach right now, I would say that Pearson holds more value in the lineup than Hogs does...Pearson got a primary assist last night.

4 goals in 49 games for Hogs is not top 9 production...How else is he currently helping the team?

I'm rooting for Hogs,but he needs to kick it up a notch.

All true.

I think we're at the point of having to make a decision, are we making decisions to win games (which you're right, any coach, especially one fighting for his job, should do) versus making decisions for a longer-term strategic goal, like rebuilding for the future.

Exciting times.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad