Recalled/Assigned: Hoglander sent to AHL; Juulsen Recalled

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Puzzling, but his career will probably be on the right track down there with more playing time instead of getting dicked around by Boudreau, whose treatment of players like him and Garland are puzzling considering he was exactly like them in his playing days.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
First reaction is that this is dumb.

Second reaction is if they’re questionable to be able to dress 6 defenders tonight after Stillman’s injury and if someone else has a problem that Hoglander is the only guy they can really send down after the game the 4th line had last night.

And if Hoglander isn’t playing tonight, might as well give him the AHL game in Seattle tomorrow.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I’d rather see Hoglander play defense than watch Juulsen defend or throw 10 IQ passes into the opposing team’s obvious trap

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

Second reaction is if they’re questionable to be able to dress 6 defenders tonight after Stillman’s injury and if someone else has a problem that Hoglander is the only guy they can really send down after the game the 4th line had last night.

And if Hoglander isn’t playing tonight, might as well give him the AHL game in Seattle tomorrow.
Also, in the medium term, they aren’t gonna trade hogs because what little value he had just went.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

I think it’s this. Hughes wasn’t at the optional skate. No update on Stillman. Poolman stayed late, indicating he’s not good to go.

That they called up Juulsen and not a forward indicates this is more about making the simplest move rather than an actual indication of where they want him.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Meh. Something needed to happen, it's not like we're short of "skilled forwards". This team has very little sandpaper and it's management's fault because we knew this problem before the season started.

It's a bunch of kids, Pearson, Miller, etc. It's a fact that players like Beagle and Motte had better work ethic. That's how they made a career in the NHL, with work ethic, not skill. That's what this team needs more of, hard working and simple hockey. Like the Old New Jersey Devils. Defence and disciplined hockey will win games.

Reactions: Indiana and Nomobo

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think it’s this. Hughes wasn’t at the optional skate. No update on Stillman. Poolman stayed late, indicating he’s not good to go.

That they called up Juulsen and not a forward indicates this is more about making the simplest move rather than an actual indication of where they want him.

Yup.

I suspect Stillman and Poolman are out and someone else is a game-time decision so they need an extra body just in case, and this is the only logical way to do it.

Reactions: Vector

CalderSchmalder

Jul 26, 2009
Vancouver

This Jannik Hansen quote is from February but I still agree with him. Hoglander can learn to be a better 200 foot player while getting more ice time in Abby.

Reactions: Indiana

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

So basically, Dhaliwal decided to piss everybody off for fun 😂

Reactions: Pip

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
You can call it a paper transaction and maybe it is.. but Hoglander being a healthy scratch again while other guys in the top nine are floundering is a really bad sign.

Will say it again - there should still be value for this player, especially on that contract. I would look to move on sooner than later.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Only on these boards can there be outrage at sending a bottom 6 forward to the minors after the team goes winless in their first 5 games. :laugh:

Oh well, sounds like a logistical thing anyway.
When you phrase it incorrectly like that then sure it seems stupid. But I think almost everyone whose watched the first five games would agree that Hoglander has easily been one of the top 6-9 forwards on the team, so if the Canucks were actually sending him down due to performance (which they aren’t as it’s a “paper transaction”) there would be good reason for some “outrage”.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Puzzling, but his career will probably be on the right track down there with more playing time instead of getting dicked around by Boudreau, whose treatment of players like him and Garland are puzzling considering he was exactly like them in his playing days.

benning —> smaller skill defenders (subban, forsling, corrado)

Reactions: God

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad