Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects Fall 2005: 26-50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
First off, a big thank you to everyone who is involved in making the list. It's always an interesting read, and I appreciate the efforts of those who make it.

My thoughts on a few placements:
Too high: Tukonen, Stewart, Schremp
Too low: Kronwall, Richards, Olesz

My stab at who will make the top 25:
Sidney Crosby
Alexander Ovechkin
Kari Lehtonen
Nikolai Zherdev
Evgeni Malkin
Dion Phaneuf
Jeff Carter
Alexander Semin
Marc-Andre Fleury
Ryan Suter
Jack Johnson
Nathan Horton
Tomas Vanek
Dustin Brown
Cam Barker
Ryan Getzlaf
Hannu Toivonen
Zach Parise
Braydon Coburn
Benoit Pouliot
Fedor Tyutin
Corey Perry
Ryan Kesler
Milan Michalek
one of Kostsitsyn/Perezhogin

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Outrageous, abysmal, awful !

As a Habs fan I feel gipped, used, betrayed !

Worst list ever !

Just kidding ! :joker:

Vic Rattlehead*

slats432 said:
No big suprise to me that Mark Stuart isn't there. A primarly defense first with limited upside blueliner doesn't get you elite status.

I also agree that Smid should probably be around.

I also agree that the people that like Schremp like him WAY too much. He is ahead of 7 top ten draftees in the bottom 25. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on a list like this...but 29 is incorrect in my opinion.

Limited upside? His ceiling in a top 2, premier shut down defender, and has great leadership qualities. At worst he'll be a top 4 defenceman.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Uh...

Which other Minnesota prospect is in the top 25? Pouliot?

We have no other big name prospect and personally Pouliot as good as he was this year is no where near as proven as Ryan or Brule...if he is in the top 25...I would be kind of ticked.

habsfansam

Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere dark...?
CRAZY_FAN said:
Is Kostsitsyn still a top 25 prospect or is he off the list?

I hate to say it, but I think he's off this list (quite a fall from #15 last year)... the list seems to be predicated on how many points you put up and aside from playing well at the world juniors he had a slow year point-wise in the AHL. Hopefully, we'll see more production from him now that he's more acclimated to NA.

The question on my mind is wheter Alex Perezhogin makes the top 30 or whether he is left off the list again this year (despite the kick ass season in Russia). We'll see...

Of all the habs prospects I'd say that if Perez doesn't make the list then the rest don't deserve to... perhaps Higgins is in the top 25, but I doubt it since this year wasn't uber special for him.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Sam said:
First off, a big thank you to everyone who is involved in making the list. It's always an interesting read, and I appreciate the efforts of those who make it.

My thoughts on a few placements:
Too high: Tukonen, Stewart, Schremp
Too low: Kronwall, Richards, Olesz

My stab at who will make the top 25:
Sidney Crosby
Alexander Ovechkin
Kari Lehtonen
Nikolai Zherdev
Evgeni Malkin
Dion Phaneuf
Jeff Carter
Alexander Semin
Marc-Andre Fleury
Ryan Suter
Jack Johnson
Nathan Horton
Tomas Vanek
Dustin Brown
Cam Barker
Ryan Getzlaf
Hannu Toivonen
Zach Parise
Braydon Coburn
Benoit Pouliot
Fedor Tyutin
Corey Perry
Ryan Kesler
Milan Michalek
one of Kostsitsyn/Perezhogin

One of Kesler, Michalek or Kost/Perez is not on the list

i figure the following 5 teams: dont have prospect on the list: Tampa, St. Louis, Colorado, Phoenix and one of Vancouver/SJ or Montreal.

My bet is Kesler not on the list.

Victory Ali*

God... anytime I see Kopitar in a ranking or I see him doing well it just makes me want to slap Dave Nonis in his fat face.

Decent and interesting read :handclap:

Liquidrage*

If only Richards sucked at defense and wasn't chipy with leadership qualities. Then he'd get the respect he deserves for his offensive game.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
To the two people who commented on Kopitar he has the second highest potential out of anyone in this years draft almost every scout said. Only thing people complained about him was where he was from and a minor skating problem because best LW ever Luc could skate....

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
AnThGrt said:
To the two people who commented on Kopitar he has the second highest potential out of anyone in this years draft almost every scout said. Only thing people complained about him was where he was from and a minor skating problem because best LW ever Luc could skate....

Bobby Hull says hi

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Evilo said:
You could argue that Chiodo (who's not even close to the top 100) was OHL goalie of the year and has been as clutch as they come in the AHL playoffs (probably more than any goalie).
Yet you don't see my arguing over him. He doesn't belong here.
IMO Ward shouldn't be top 50 over guys like Whitney, and Lundqvist is severly overrated.
Duba has been playing well in Europe. One of the hottest young goalie. And yet there's no way he makes that list.

How in the world is Lundqvist "severely overrated"?

He's been one of, if not, the best goaltenders outside the NHL for the last few years.

If that doesn't warrent top 30 status then I, for ****'s sake, do not know what does.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
balddog66 said:
I hope Brad Richardson finished 51st...comes back from major shoulder surgery to challenge Corey Perry for the OHL scoring title on a weaker offensive team...no respect...

He's not even close to being a top prospect. I would have figured after all that Corey Locke nonsense over the last few years people would finally be able to accept that piling up great CHL numbers does not in and of itself make you a good prospect.

prevail

Jan 3, 2004
Montreal
Visit site
OMG this is an outraged how come Alex Perezhogin, Andrei Kostsitsyn, Chris Higgins, Yann Danis, Kyle Chipchura, Tomas Plekanec, Marcel Hossa, Ron Hainsey, Ryan O'Byrne, Corey Locke, Oskari Korpikari, Chris Heino-Lindberg, Mikhail Grabovsky, Jaroslav Halak, Maxim Lapierre, Duncan Milroy, Konstantin Korneev, Michael Lambert, Cory Urquhart, Alexei Yemelin aren't on the list, outrage!

Anyways Habs, well teach em to leave us out! ;)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Prevail77 said:
OMG this is an outraged how come Alex Perezhogin, Andrei Kostsitsyn, Chris Higgins, Yann Danis, Kyle Chipchura, Tomas Plekanec, Marcel Hossa, Ron Hainsey, Ryan O'Byrne, Corey Locke, Oskari Korpikari, Chris Heino-Lindberg, Mikhail Grabovsky, Jaroslav Halak, Maxim Lapierre, Duncan Milroy, Konstantin Korneev, Michael Lambert, Cory Urquhart, Alexei Yemelin aren't on the list, outrage!

Anyways Habs, well teach em to leave us out! ;)

You know what's so funny?

In all the names you threw out, you forgot the most recent Carey Price. LOL.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I agree that Carter should be higher as he was stellar for the Phantoms. That said, IMO if anything Schremp is a bit low. He will open some eyes at Oiler camp this fall. IMO he'll be in the NHL as a 21 year old at the latest. He will be a 2nd liner at that point.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Reveille! said:
How in the world is Lundqvist "severely overrated"?

He's been one of, if not, the best goaltenders outside the NHL for the last few years.

If that doesn't warrent top 30 status then I, for ****'s sake, do not know what does.
Well IMO, he doesn't have the potential to be a franchise goalie.
But I didn't say he didn't deserve to be in the top 30.

Original6

Evilo said:
Well IMO, he doesn't have the potential to be a franchise goalie.
But I didn't say he didn't deserve to be in the top 30.

At the point i'll say Lundqvist is more of a franchise goalie than someone like Marc-Andre Fluery.

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
Caniacforever said:
Cam Ward below Fehr, Kronwall, Babchuk, Koivu, Stewart, Kopitar, and Lundqvist is ridiculous.

All he has done over the past year is lead the AHL in Save % as a Rookie on one of the league's worst teams and post a goals against of under 2.

I agree. Ward should be MUCH higher. Awesome prospect and as good as any goalie prospect out there not named Lehtonen or Fleury.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
It really needs re-iterating: does someone at HF have a personal problem with Rostislav Olesz or something? He was too low last year, and drops even further this year after having a good season and strong WJCs? On both of the last two lists he has inexplicably been placed below guys who he was both drafted ahead of and has outperformed. Seems to me the only reason Schremp is ahead of Olesz on these lists is people have a hard time letting go of what they heard about him when he was 14.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yep, because Lundqvist spent a whole month dominating at the NHL level like Fleury has of course...
Share what you smoke please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad