Hockey's Future Team Rankings

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
oddly enough our prospect pool is better than it was when we were drafting 1st overall though. It's just an odd feature of HF. We draft Hall, RNH, and Yakupov, and so for 3 years we have elite talents dragging up the whole ranking even though they never were in our prospect pool.

If we're judging the interesting prospects, the group that develops in lower leagues, I like our group better now. We have a goalie prospect with potential, unlike a few years ago. I prefer Yakimov as a prospect to what Lander was. Nurse is a better prospect than Klefbom or Marincin. I like Khaira better than most of our previous winger prospects like Hamilton.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
The oilers now have a larger amount of depth talent than they used to. Most of our talent was top end high skill forwards but it has now become a more well rounded group. I think this is encouraging for the future!

OrrwastheBeatles

Oct 11, 2011
Joke of a ranking IMO espicially after seeing calgary at 2

Well, seeing as how Gaudreau, Baertschi, Granlund, Jooris, Ferland and Reinhart are all currently playing in the NHL and the Flames continue to win, I would say their prospect pool is probably not too bad.

And that doesn't even consider Bennett and Poirier - both studs - who are still waiting in the wings.

After that, the Flames still have considerable depth with several guys that are knocking on the door.

I don't think there's any question that the Flames' prospect pool is among the best in the NHL. And 2nd is probably right.

Last edited by a moderator:

slim2001

Aug 2, 2008
Alberta
Top 3 ranked teams have better prospect pools but after that it's controversial. No team outside the top 3 has a better 1, 2 punch (1. Darnell Nurse, D; 2. Leon Draisaitl) our next 2 are solid (3. Martin Marincin, D; 4. Oscar Klefbom) and our depth prospects are better than we were ranked top 5 a few years ago.

After seeing the top 10 not sure how the oilers were not ranked in there somewhere. Depth is nice to have but can always be acquired at a marginal cost. Not enough value given to the top prospects of each team IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad