OT: Hockey's Future Going Away July 1st

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
The site is.... outdated is not that useful, really.

But the board, I doubt that they close it down. This is the most popular hockey board on the internets.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Hate to say it, but the Hockey's Future site hasn't been relevant for years now. Did anyone really put any stock into the prospect rankings and write-ups? Most of the write-ups consisted of complete fluff like "Player x finished the year with 25 goals in the AHL and proved that he can score at that level. He looks to get in some NHL action next year."

At the same time, it's a bit sad because it was a pretty decent site for prospect info at one time. Hell, I've been around long enough to remember being subscribed to the print "Hockey's Future" newspaper that was published and then disappeared without a trace with Shane Malloy basically stealing our money. But I did receive a letter from him offering me hockey cards instead! :laugh:

Anyways, hoping the forums stay. Been a part of my life for almost 15 years now and I would hate to see it go. Following hockey and specifically the Habs just wouldn't be the same.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I have been here forever, and they have driven away all the fun from this board. That being said, it will be missed.

I have tried numerous times to buy this board, and have made a dozen inquiries. They have never responded, not once. The old owners responded, but it was during the infamous HF Magazine scandal and they were crooks.

So, if it's a money issue, why won't you guys respond to emails about selling the board? I offered to sign an NDA, and prequal for a purchase agreement. What do you have to lose?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I have been here forever, and they have driven away all the fun from this board. That being said, it will be missed.

I have tried numerous times to buy this board, and have made a dozen inquiries. They have never responded, not once. The old owners responded, but it was during the infamous HF Magazine scandal and they were crooks.

So, if it's a money issue, why won't you guys respond to emails about selling the board? I offered to sign an NDA, and prequal for a purchase agreement. What do you have to lose?

Well not that I know anything about that side of it, but presumably it's because they're not interested in selling the boards.

I would assume that the boards are the real moneymaker for the owners, not HockeysFuture.com. This decision at least seems to bear that out.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
If the boards go I will be lost. No way I go back to official habs board on Canadiens.com. You seriously can't say anything somewhat negative without getting your post deleted.

Reddit's format blows IMO. Hf is the best site there is.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Well not that I know anything about that side of it, but presumably it's because they're not interested in selling the boards.

I would assume that the boards are the real moneymaker for the owners, not HockeysFuture.com. This decision at least seems to bear that out.

Possibly.

If the boards go I will be lost. No way I go back to official habs board on Canadiens.com. You seriously can't say anything somewhat negative without getting your post deleted.

Reddit's format blows IMO. Hf is the best site there is.

That's different than here, how?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I doubt anything happens with the board, but just in case... I created this: https://www.reddit.com/r/HFHabs for people who want to talk Habs stuff without it being on the other Habs' subreddit. If anyone actually wants to pretty-it up, just let me know and I'll give you authorization or whatever. I've never modded a subreddit so no idea what the control panel is like.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
You may not be able to buy the site, but I'm happy to let people sponsor post-deletions and infractions. For a small fee you can have 12 posts you disagree with deleted -- act now and I'll throw in one free infraction!

I should be able to retire comfortably by tomorrow breakfast.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I doubt anything happens with the board, but just in case... I created this: https://www.reddit.com/r/HFHabs for people who want to talk Habs stuff without it being on the other Habs' subreddit. If anyone actually wants to pretty-it up, just let me know and I'll give you authorization or whatever. I've never modded a subreddit so no idea what the control panel is like.

i still haven't mastered the art of reading that godawful website... :help:

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
i still haven't mastered the art of reading that godawful website... :help:

It's sooo much better when you get used to it. The whole thread and posting structure is more natural to discussion and the moderation system is a godsend, especially compared to what we have here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad