HockeyNorths 16 Super Team GM Tournament (10 Spots Left)

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
This will be part 2 to the 16 team super draft, but with twists! So as to not encroach on @LatvianTwist's draft we are in no rush to fill this but will start once full. You must be an active GM, better to not have picks getting skipped. It's better should we all aim to win the tournament as opposed to restrictions when there are only 16 teams, but they are not banned. @AveryStar4Eva is defending champion. Please read all below.

Most Important Twists!!! Must read, ask questions if you don't understand
  • 23 man rosters, you MUST make 1 roster substitution after each round, and the player removed from the lineup will be designated as injured, and is no longer eligible for any remaining rounds in the tournament
  • I will randomly draw an order once we have 16 GMs, this is neither your draft slot, nor bracket opponent. First team in the order gets to pick their draft slot first (will have 16 options), second team gets to pick their draft slot second (15 options remaining) etc, meaning you can pick 16th should you choose to and it's available still, or same for first.
  • Further to the above, your bracket slots may also be chosen. The team that elects to draft 16th in round one gets first choice of bracket slot, the team that drafts 1st gets last choice of bracket slot, and everything in between. This will allow for it to be more even, but also rivalries to be initiated right out of the gate. Draft begins once bracket AND draft slots are finalized.

Salary Cap:
  • N/A, we're all wealthy teams that don't care about cap

Trades
  • No limit on pick OR player trades
  • Must tag me in the trade and confirm with other GM
  • All trades can be veto'd should the league feel it's grossly unfair or collusion
  • You may trade bracket slots... for any round, but this MUST be specified as of trade deadline
  • Trade deadline is 24 hours after the final pick has been made
Eligible Players
  • Must have an NHL contract
  • Must have played 1 NHL game THIS SEASON
Goal
  • Win the bracket style tournament
  • Secondary awards for best overall value drafter, best overall trader (all GMs will pm myself their top 5 for each)
Rosters
  • We will be building 23 man rosters
  • Minimum 2 goalies, 6 D, 12 F, maximum 3 G, 9 D, 15 F after the trade deadline (I don't care how you use your 3 extra roster spots but only 1 extra goalie)
  • You must keep your roster page updated
Draft + Playoff Format
  • It will be a 23 round draft, with every second round in inverse order of round 1 (1-16, 16-1, etc)
  • Everyone qualifies for playoffs under a bracket format
  • Clock runs 10 AM -12 AM EST (except for first day, which will be specified once we know when we will start)
  • 2 hour clock, may be reduced later
  • If skipped once, you're on auto skip until pick is made up
  • 3 skips your clock is cut in half

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Honestly I'm not a fan of these super-team mock drafts. I just like the normal 31 team (or 32) mock drafts.

I'm sure to join Joey Moss's mock draft after the current one though.

Reactions: Nucker101

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
If it doesn't get off the ground no biggie, this one + @LatvianTwist's I'm planning on being my last two for a while so thought I'd try and get one more super draft going

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
Is this one after LTs? I can’t handle 2 at the same time again. If it’s after, I’ll take the Blue Jackets

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Is this one after LTs? I can’t handle 2 at the same time again. If it’s after, I’ll take the Blue Jackets
Depends when it's full, this is going to be my last draft though. I'm really tiring of them now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad