HockeyBuzz: Bill Meltzer

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I apologize, I don't know the details, but I had spoke to somebody from another board that said he did some back stabbing (or something similar) to get that gig. Like sold somebody out. But he did kind of just disappear.

He is on Twitter, but its a personal account now.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I apologize, I don't know the details, but I had spoke to somebody from another board that said he did some back stabbing (or something similar) to get that gig. Like sold somebody out. But he did kind of just disappear.

He is on Twitter, but its a personal account now.

He typically sided with the organization & players over the other scribes when it came to their witch hunts even before he got the Flyers gig so I don't think he was liked by many of them from the start.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
He typically sided with the organization & players over the other scribes when it came to their witch hunts even before he got the Flyers gig so I don't think he was liked by many of them from the start.

He kind of reminded me of a Dave Spadaro-lite for the Flyers (although Spadaro is/was much worse).

Bill_Meltzer

Jan 28, 2005
Thank you to everyone who posted here. I am very appreciative.

I got my first (AHL) credentials through my writing at Hockey's Future, now going on 20 years ago. My first NHL credentials were during the 1999-2000 season through Rivals.com and Pro Hockey Euro Report. Things grew slowly from there to the other stuff I've done since.

To update folks on what I am currently doing, along with working for HockeyBuzz and contributing a few pieces a month for Brian Startare's Flyers site, I am the website writer/ manager for the Flyers Alumni website and social media pages. I am also working with the Flyers writing 50th Anniversary content for daily use throughout next season.

If you saw the recent David Kase and Mikhail Vorobyov stories on the Flyers' official site, those were pieces I wrote.

Thanks again.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

I got my first (AHL) credentials through my writing at Hockey's Future, now going on 20 years ago. My first NHL credentials were during the 1999-2000 season through Rivals.com and Pro Hockey Euro Report. Things grew slowly from there to the other stuff I've done since.

To update folks on what I am currently doing, along with working for HockeyBuzz and contributing a few pieces a month for Brian Startare's Flyers site, I am the website writer/ manager for the Flyers Alumni website and social media pages. I am also working with the Flyers writing 50th Anniversary content for daily use throughout next season.

If you saw the recent David Kase and Mikhail Vorobyov stories on the Flyers' official site, those were pieces I wrote.

Thanks again.

No. Thank you, Bill. You're an absolute class act and a voice of reason in an environment that lends itself to sensationalism and knee jerk reactions.

I particularly enjoyed your Vorbyov piece. When it comes to major junior prospects, it's gotten so much easier to follow the guys in major juniors, but it's wonderful to be able to read about a guy like Vorboyov from as close to a unanimously trusted voice as I can remembr covering this team.

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007

Thanks again.

Excellent news Mr. Meltzer. Keep up the grade A+ work. Cheers- VF

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Thanks again.

Im following your alumni page on Facebook and im enjoying it thoroughly!

Keep up the great work.

StateOfHexcellence

Mar 31, 2016
Ashes of Pattison
I put the kibosh on their bashing (pens post game thread) about Bill's twitter beatback.

Thanks for showing your face Bill. Keep up the good work....Flyers are lucky to have you writing.

flyersjamminontheone

In Claude we trust
Sep 17, 2007
Brandon, Friendly MB
If anybody hasn't read Bills write up on Snider, please do so. Fantastic piece.

Also, he's paired up with Jay Greenberg to write something for the Flyers, so the team themselves certainly knows he's a talented writer.

I wish Bill the best of luck and hope he gets a shot at the big time, but part of me is scared, he'll be forced to write puff pieces on Mason not being a #1, so he gets clicks.

That was a very good article. The one he wrote on Briere, the person, was masterful.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Thanks again.

We are really lucky to have you on our team, Bill, and have been for years. I remember reading links to your work through the O&B site from way back. Thanks for all the info and for representing all of us so well all this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad