HockeyAllsvenskan 2015-16 General Discussion

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Did not think he had that in him honestly, Will be interesting following him going forward.

Kinda similar to Ludwig Blomstrand. Couldn't score anything in the SHL but once he stepped down to a lower level where he could actually play a decent role, he started to rack up the goals. Maybe both can do it at a higher level one day.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
How do people think Cmore is handling Allsvenskan? I've only watched the smaller broadcasts and they are mostly horrible. The streams for these games are worse than livearena in quality. I miss Viasat's broadcasts, maybe they didn't carry every game but the ones they did were quality throughout. Cmore will slowly kill the product I think.

Jonnieboy15

Nov 8, 2013
Stockholm
I thought they would have something closer to their SHL product with HockeyAllsvenskan, but I am utterly disappointed. Their broadcasts are ****, with unbearable commentators and bad quality. I too think it will slowly but surely kill the product.

It's my first year with Cmore and I'm not impressed. Don't like that they only have studio with one SHL game per night, think they could give us something more.

Last edited by a moderator:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I thought they would have something closer to their SHL product with HockeyAllsvenskan, but I am utterly disappointed. Their broadcasts are ****, with unbearable commentators and bad quality. I too think it will slowly but surely kill the product.

It's my first year with Cmore and I'm not impressed. Don't like that they only have studio with one SHL game per night, think they could give us something more.

I've always been annoyed with Cmore(Canal+) because they charge so freaking much despite having about half the amount of live sport as Viasat, at least since they dropped Premier League. But not only do they want the same amount of money(or more) for less, it also doesn't reflect on their streaming quality at all, which is laughably bad outside of a few studio broadcasts. If people weren't so enamoured with their Swedish team I doubt their service would last for long. Should switch names to C less.

Last edited by a moderator:

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
I think we were all fooled that they would do something similar to SHL and broadcast all the games professionally. I think the big games they do are good or great, but I was hoping they'd do that more often.

Hopefully they'll get better and better each year just like Viasat.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
How do people think Cmore is handling Allsvenskan? I've only watched the smaller broadcasts and they are mostly horrible. The streams for these games are worse than livearena in quality. I miss Viasat's broadcasts, maybe they didn't carry every game but the ones they did were quality throughout. Cmore will slowly kill the product I think.

It's ****

They promised everything in full HD. Well, it's not..

The C More Play is full of glitches and isn't working properly.

They have the exact same live streams as HockeyAllsvenskan Play the previous seasons. The only difference is that it's on the C More platform.

They release the HockeyAllsvenskan highlights the upcoming day at 7 AM. Why would you release the highlights about 10 hours after the game?

You got fooled by the way they marketed HockeyAllsvenskan before the season.

Jonnieboy15

Nov 8, 2013
Stockholm
I've always been annoyed with Cmore(Canal+) because they charge so freaking much despite having about half the amount of live sport as Viasat, at least since they dropped Premier League. But not only do they want the same amount of money(or more) for less, it also doesn't reflect on their streaming quality at all, which is laughably bad outside of a few studio broadcasts. If people weren't so enamoured with their Swedish team I doubt their service would last for long. Should switch names to C less.

I've been a Viasat faithful for years and I'm thinking of dropping Swedish hockey on TV once and for all until the broadcasts get better, except the occasional live games. The NHL product with Viasat is spot on, especially since Viaplay was launched.

Hopefully Cmore will grow in to it, but I have my doubts that will ever happen.

Lif

Nov 3, 2013
I was expecting more.
Mainly I thought Cmore would be handling all the broadcasts, but they're not. Those games not showed on their tv-channels seems to be still organized by the clubs and because of that they are crap. However those games not showed on any of their HD-channels in the SHL are crap as well so... (didn't they say like two years ago that all of their games would be in HD?)
I was expecting to find all games on my tv. To have to stream it from a ****** app with the broadcast quality equivalent from 20 years ago is not what I thought I was signing up for.

And especially not at that price.....

I am grateful for not having to buy the games at different places though, but that's the only positive I can come up with.

Last edited:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I've been a Viasat faithful for years and I'm thinking of dropping Swedish hockey on TV once and for all until the broadcasts get better, except the occasional live games. The NHL product with Viasat is spot on, especially since Viaplay was launched.

Hopefully Cmore will grow in to it, but I have my doubts that will ever happen.

Hey, join me on the KHL train ;)

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Just might! Did enjoy watching the KHL last time it was on Viasat.

It's mostly free and even when you pay, much much cheaper than SHL or Allsvenskan. Seriously, how can you guys pay so much for Cmore? My favorite hockey league was SHL (then Elitserien) a few years ago, thanks to a Swedish friend of mine who was a Brynäs fan. Back then, Kanal 4 or something like that used to stream some of the games online on their website for free. Those play-off games were the best.

However, then it disappeared. Now I see that Cmore asks for 99 SEK for a single game... Seriously? You can buy 15 or 16 separate games for this money in KHL - not even mentioning the free ones streamed on laola1.tv. I know this amount is not terribly big for a Swede but come on, SHL is not only loved in Sweden.

By the way, isn't there season package or anything like that on Cmore? Do I have to buy every single game? Would be nice to have a season package for more reasonable prices.

Edit: OK, I found a monthly-pack for 299 SEK. This is much better.

Last edited:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
It's mostly free and even when you pay, much much cheaper than SHL or Allsvenskan. Seriously, how can you guys pay so much for Cmore? My favorite hockey league was SHL (then Elitserien) a few years ago, thanks to a Swedish friend of mine who was a Brynäs fan. Back then, Kanal 4 or something like that used to stream some of the games online on their website for free. Those play-off games were the best.

However, then it disappeared. Now I see that Cmore asks for 99 SEK for a single game... Seriously? You can buy 15 or 16 separate games for this money in KHL - not even mentioning the free ones streamed on laola1.tv. I know this amount is not terribly big for a Swede but come on, SHL is not only loved in Sweden.

By the way, isn't there season package or anything like that on Cmore? Do I have to buy every single game? Would be nice to have a season package for more reasonable prices.

Edit: OK, I found a monthly-pack for 299 SEK. This is much better.

Viasat is broadcasting KHL games on Swedish TV already. You can't buy any games at all from the KHL website due to them geoblocking Sweden and Finland.

The SHL games are all fine quality wise, they can sure be worth the 99 SEK, but the streams from HockeyAllsvenskan are pure garbage. One game each round is broadcasted on TV having the same quality as the SHL games, rest of the games are locals filming and commenting the games on the C More platform (so it's not a real C More production), thus having a poor quality. These games were streamed on HockeyAllsvenskan's own site previous seasons, but they changed TV partner from Viasat to C More to have all games on one platform. C More won the bidding as well, offering more than Viasat had done the previous seasons if I'm not mistaken

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Viasat is broadcasting KHL games on Swedish TV already. You can't buy any games at all from the KHL website due to them geoblocking Sweden and Finland.

The SHL games are all fine quality wise, they can sure be worth the 99 SEK, but the streams from HockeyAllsvenskan are pure garbage. One game each round is broadcasted on TV having the same quality as the SHL games, rest of the games are locals filming and commenting the games on the C More platform (so it's not a real C More production), thus having a poor quality. These games were streamed on HockeyAllsvenskan's own site previous seasons, but they changed TV partner from Viasat to C More to have all games on one platform. C More won the bidding as well, offering more than Viasat had done the previous seasons if I'm not mistaken

I totally forgot about that, sorry. Well, perks of living in a country where nobody has any idea about hockey - almost everything is free here, including CHL. :laugh:

Well I don't know how much it means to Swedes but 99 SEK per game for me as a student in Turkey is definitely out of question. However, I asked C More if I can watch their streams abroad and they told me I could. So I will probably buy a two-month package for SHL play-offs come March.

My favorite teams in Allvenskan were Björklöven and Sundsvall, who are not doing well at the moment as far as I can see... Would like to see Björklöven in a better spot especially.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
question:

considering AIK and Tingsryds are playing each other for promotion, what are the 'playoffs' between the next 6 teams played for?

The winner of the "playoffs" plays the loser of the final game. The winner in that round plays the 13th placed team in the SHL (Modo)

For example, if AIK wins the final, they will play 14th placed Karlskrona.

If Oskarshamn wins the "playoffs", they would play Tingsryd in a round. The winner in that round (Tingsryd for example) would play 13th placed Modo

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Promotion/relegation system in Swedish hockey is way too complicated imo. Same goes for HockeyEttan. What's the point of forcing two leading teams of Allsvenskan for a BO3 series, after which they will not even guarantee promotion? Just too many games, very complicated and long ways. I think the federation wants as little change as possible, that's the most reasonable explanation for me. Otherwise, implementing such a weird, endless promotion system makes no sense. They probably think like, "If they are to promote; they have to be very very strong and survive till the end. A good regular season and a couple of wins afterwards should not be enough to play in SHL".

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Promotion/relegation system in Swedish hockey is way too complicated imo. Same goes for HockeyEttan. What's the point of forcing two leading teams of Allsvenskan for a BO3 series, after which they will not even guarantee promotion? Just too many games, very complicated and long ways. I think the federation wants as little change as possible, that's the most reasonable explanation for me. Otherwise, implementing such a weird, endless promotion system makes no sense. They probably think like, "If they are to promote; they have to be very very strong and survive till the end. A good regular season and a couple of wins afterwards should not be enough to play in SHL".

They had a good working not-so-complicated promotion/relegation system before the SHL wanted to change the relegation league to head to head (earlier, it was a round of 6 teams, 10 games and the top 2 teams would get promoted). HockeyAllsvenskan's league structure made more sense than it does now, as the people not following the league has no clue on how it works.

In the defense of the league system, I believe it's fair that you need to beat an SHL team in order to get promoted. People said that the "head to head promotion/relegation round" would kill Swedish hockey. First thing that happens is that Malmö beats Leksand in 7 games and gets promoted.

But hey, "Kvalserien" was really good. If they would've put head to head before goal differences in the standings, it would've been more fair and they could've kept it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad