OT: Hockey Talk Radio Show

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Good luck on the show, but as someone who listens to a lot of sports radio, do your best to make it YOUR show and do your best making people tune in to listen to you. Sure guests can be great and same with callers, they're necessary, but at the end of the day the people tune in for the hosts. You're probably already aware of this, but just a friendly bit of advice.

And like Inferno stated, if you can find a way to upload it as a podcast on iTunes I'd definitely give it a listen. Unfortunately, I don't really listen to live radio as it uses too much data on my phone. Have to download it and listen to it later on.

I'm not sure of where I posted it, where it was on the Islanders, Devils or Main Boards, but I did echo the same sentiments, that while guests would help legitimize us, the most important thing for us is to build a listener/viewer base first. It doesn't matter what guests you get on if the show itself sucks.

I can't tell you and the others on here how much we appreciate all of the advice and the kind words. We hope to give everyone who watches or listens an amazing experience with hockey.

As for iTunes and SoundCloud, we will be looking into uploading those. Any suggestions or ideas are always welcomed.

Reactions: JaeTM and nyr2k2

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Just wanted to let you guys know we will be having NHL.com’s Brian Compton on the show tomorrow at 7PM

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
In case I didn't leave it before, the number to the station for anyone who wants to call in is 631-676-2968. As @ziggy7716 stated, we will be having Brian Compton from NHL.com calling in at 7pm, otherwise feel free to call into the show. We hope to hear from some of you.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Just wanted to remind everyone my new show Off the Post will be starting at 6:30 tonight so if you guys can try to tune in and catch us.
You watch live via the Sportsonthego Facebook page, sportsonthego1.com, the TuneInRadio app or periscope.
We will be having NHL.com’s Brian Compton on at 7. Call in are always welcome! 631-676-2968

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Tune in tonight starting at 5:30, we'll be having Igor Eronko on with us. Feel free to call in 631-676-2968. We'll also be recapping last nights ECF game beteeen the Bolts and Caps and previewing tonight's game between the Knights and Jets.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Tune in to Off The Post tonight, starting at 6:30pm. We're going to be recapping last night's game, as well as previewing the improbable Stanley Cup Finals matchup between the Vegas Golden Knights and the Washington Capitals. We will also be having Igor Eronko from NHL.ru with us, discussing Igor Shestyorkin, Ilya Sorokin and possible destinations for former NHL Star Ilya Kovalchuk. Watch us on Sportsonthego1's facebook page, the Periscope App, TuneInRadio app and www.sportsonthego1.com.

Should be a great show tonight and we hope to hear from someone of you, feel free to call in at 631-676-2968.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad