"Hockey Powers" TV show

Cheli

Jul 6, 2008
Toronto/Waterloo
Has anyone been watching this TV series (or whatever you would call it)? It's just called "Hockey Powers."

I've caught parts of the US and Sweden episodes, but I'd love to see all the episodes in full and I'm never sure when/what channel it's on. The two parts I've seen have been on completely different channels, different times, different days of the week.

Basically it's a TV show that focuses each half-hour episode on a "hockey power" country. It does some overview stuff (e.g. summarizing Sweden at the Euro championship and WC, asking random Canadians if they know who won gold in 2006, etc.) but it also does behind-the-scenes stuff, which is really cool.

e.g. in the US one, it showed Burke, Wilson, and co. sitting around discussing potential candidates (if you've seen the Leafs' Behind the Draft videos, it's a similar scene). when they're trying to pick bottom 6 players, Burke refers to everyone as ******: "Langenbrunner's a *****, Gaustad's a *****," etc.
[edit: k, it's filtered out of HF. think of poking yourself with a needle or a pin.]

I also recall a scene where they were discussing a guy who could play both forward and defense (I didn't catch a name). One of the guys says "oh no, he can't play defense, we're going up against the best players in the world." Burke replies, "we lose 3 guys on defense, you gotta move someone back there, and it helps to have a guy who's played the position." One of the guys says "just throw Ronny out there." :laugh: Burke is all like "oh god no. You're NOT SUPPOSED TO SCREW WITH ME ON CAMERA."

Anyway, I can't find it on Youtube or through less legal means, and was wondering if anyone by chance had it PVR'd (or could do so) and would be willing to share. It seems like they've got some great footage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad