Hockey pick help! Which team would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
I am in a hockey survivor pool at work and we have 3 of us left. You pick a team that's playing every Saturday and it's just win to stay in. You can't pick the same team twice, so I have highlighted the teams that I have picked already that are playing this Saturday. I am kind of torn on who to go with. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have to submit my picks by 5pm today!!

Games on Saturday, November 15, 2014
Carolina vs. Boston
Anaheim vs. LA
Winnipeg vs. Nashville
Islanders vs. Tampa Bay
Toronto vs. Buffalo
Capitals vs. St. Louis
Wild vs. Dallas
Flyers vs. Montreal
Colorado vs. New Jersey
Rangers vs. Pittsburgh
San Jose vs. Columbus
Ottawa vs. Calgary

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
You pick Ottawa to beat Calgary of course. And then if they lose you get to pat yourself on the back for being a loyal backer of such a wonderful and hardworking franchise.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Toronto over Buffalo is your best bet IMO.

Buffalo can't score, Leafs won't have to worry about defense.

And if you lose, you can blame it on the Leafs.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
You pick Ottawa to beat Calgary of course. And then if they lose you get to pat yourself on the back for being a loyal backer of such a wonderful and hardworking franchise.

Yeah totally. But say I didn't do that, hypothetically, who would you choose? :p: :laugh:

Toronto over Buffalo is your best bet IMO.

Buffalo can't score, Leafs won't have to worry about defense.

And if you lose, you can blame it on the Leafs.

See I was kind of thinking this was the best possibility, but if they lose I'm going to be mad, and I'll also feel bad for putting my faith in the Leafs...

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Toronto over buffalo? Didnt they set a franchise record for shots against last time they played them

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Leafs is a good one, so is Blues.

Cool game, kinda like survival football in the NFL. Kinda applying what I've learned there never take a division game even if it seems lopsided and try to take a home team if you can.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Leafs is a good one, so is Blues.

Cool game, kinda like survival football in the NFL. Kinda applying what I've learned there never take a division game even if it seems lopsided and try to take a home team if you can.

Yeah, I was leaning towards Blues if I didn't Toronto, but Washington has won their last three games and is in a playoff position. The leafs will also be on their second game of a back-to-back vs. a division rival. So difficulttt :help: I am also considering who the others will pick, and as I am in Toronto, I am thinking the other two might pick Toronto, making this week useless if we all go with them :laugh:

Last edited:

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
I think I'm definitely between St. Louis and Toronto. If anyone cares to try to help convince me one way or another it'd be appreciated :P

BigBush*

LA, Nashville, Toronto, St Louis, Wild, Montreal are the teams I'd pick for sure. Then New Jersey or Ottawa but those games could go either way

Edit: misread how the pool works. Ya pick Toronto they're your best bet, then you can save some of the better teams (LA, Nashville) for when they play worse teams

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
Toronto for sure. Washington is on a bit of a hot streak right now (3 wins) and with Ovechkin, there's always a potential for upset when picking the other team.

I would say any time even a moderate .500 team is playing Buffalo, I would put my money on that team 10 times out of 10. Not to mention Toronto made Buffalo look like an AHL teeam or less the last time they played.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Hahaha, you guys give the worst advice!! This just reaffirms my hate for Toronto lol. Here's hoping the remaining two people also bet on Toronto :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad