Hockey pants for slender woman/girl?

Freshycat

Nov 10, 2018
Hi, I've got a 13-year-old hockey player, 5'7, about 95 pounds and very leggy. Her hockey pants are disgraceful, several inches above her knee, but when we tried to get her new ones last season, the only thing they could come up with was so big she came off the ice saying she'd rather quit than keep wearing them. This was a dedicated sports store too, with a huge hockey section and supposedly very knowledgeable professionals, so the fact they couldn't find anything was discouraging. In the end we compromised on smaller pants that were too short but not quite as short as the ones they were replacing.

This can't be right. There are lots of female players out there. Anybody have advice on brands or a specific pant for the tallish and really slender? Happy to order online if I have to.

Thanks for any replies.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Generally speaking, the Bauer Vapor line and the CCM Jetspeed line are the most form fitting pants out there. A lot of pants now have a feature that allows the pants legs to be extended down an inch or so via a zipper or buttons.

I'm far from an expert, so I'm not sure what else you can do. Sometimes the look of hockey equipment isn't too flattering to the player, especially if their body falls outside the middle of the bell curve. Personally, I have the opposite problem, where pants tend to be too long, and if I can't find the right compromise, it looks like I'm skating around in a full diaper.

Finally, I say this with a little tongue and cheek, but if her shin guards were a little wider, it might help offset the bulkiness of bigger pants. Just a thought.

Last edited:

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Yeah it's a tough one I agree.

Like puckpilot said, try to target the models (both CCM and Bauer have them in mid range models now) with the +1" extension zipper.

Bauer I know also offers two possible solutions:
1) Bauer Vapor X800 Lite Women's pant, which features a slimmer leg and I believe longer inseam
2) a Long version of the Junior Large size of the Bauer Nexus N8000 pant. If she's too tall for regular Junior Large sizes but too skinny for Senior Small sizes, this is the one between. It's a Junior Large waist but longer length

Ask if the store has them, but they will likely have to order those in form Bauer for you.

Have you tried girdle shell combos from Bauer/Warrior/CCM?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad