Hockey Job Opportunity (Serious Post)

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Devs fan coming in peace,

I was contacted today by a recruiter regarding a job for the NHL (1 year contract) in NYC, with the following description:

"Do you know anyone who is looking for work that has a strong interest in Hockey?

The position involves the person to view 100 years of video footage and flagging who the players are and what teams are on the tapes. This is part of a large archive project."

She said the strengths required would be strong hockey knowledge. If anyone is interested, please PM me - I know how hard it is to find work these days, so I wanted to help someone out. Also, if i'm violating board policy, then I apologize to the moderators. I wasn't sure how to get this information viewed other than with a new thread, and I figured helping someone who's strapped for cash was worth risking it for.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
the payment for helping them find someone is my own personal joy and their undying gratitude :laugh:

ftr, i posted on my board first :P

But seriously, I know how tough it is, so if I can help someone out, then i'd be genuinely happy for them.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Not sure if you need to be, but you'd def need to be working in new york city. If you're genuinely curious, just PM me! you're not even competing with my fanbase anymore, as my mods pulled the thread :shakehead:

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
hey y'all,

crazy response regarding this position. I'm gonna have to cut it off though, because I don't wanna flood the recruiter with a bunch of emails. To all of you who contacted me, i'll send her the info as soon as I can. as for the rest of you searchers, good luck! we'll see you in september ;)

426er

Sep 14, 2005
Hmmmm....This sounds like a trap......getting a bunch of Ranger fans in a room for a supposed interview about a job...then locking the doors and forcing them to watch all 3 Devils cup clinching games! :)

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Hopefully this is real, and someone gets a cool job out of this. Hell of an opportunity for someone living in NYC who loves hockey. Good luck guys.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Hmmmm....This sounds like a trap......getting a bunch of Ranger fans in a room for a supposed interview about a job...then locking the doors and forcing them to watch all 3 Devils cup clinching games! :)

I went to my buddy's house once in a Rangers shirsey and his landlord made me watch the Henrique goal before I sat on the couch :laugh:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I hope Tahnor Glohsz found this information helpful and gets the job, I heard he wasn't very good at his last one.

Now, if only Don Gerrawdy was the recruiter :naughty:....

:sarcasm:

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Devs fan coming in peace,

I was contacted today by a recruiter regarding a job for the NHL (1 year contract) in NYC, with the following description:

"Do you know anyone who is looking for work that has a strong interest in Hockey?

The position involves the person to view 100 years of video footage and flagging who the players are and what teams are on the tapes. This is part of a large archive project."

She said the strengths required would be strong hockey knowledge. If anyone is interested, please PM me - I know how hard it is to find work these days, so I wanted to help someone out. Also, if i'm violating board policy, then I apologize to the moderators. I wasn't sure how to get this information viewed other than with a new thread, and I figured helping someone who's strapped for cash was worth risking it for.

Really cool of you to do this. Thanks!

Can I take a 2 year raincheck until I finish school?

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Sounds like the NHL is dealing with the inevitable archiving issues every other media outlet is dealing with. So many hours of footage, no where to put them, logs aren't accurate enough and there's a buried gold mine of info there.

Fun job I'm sure but won't pay a lot. Also temporary (in all likelihood)

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Trust me, I'm sure they won't. Sports jobs are notorious for not exactly paying well.

They absolutely don't. A Community Relations position with an NHL team in a major city has a salary of $30,000 which is roughly $14 an hour or so if you only work 40 hours a week all year. :laugh:

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
They absolutely don't. A Community Relations position with an NHL team in a major city has a salary of $30,000 which is roughly $14 an hour or so if you only work 40 hours a week all year. :laugh:

for someone who made way less than that working a year at a deli, i'll take it.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

I guess it's better than working at McDonald's...although in a couple years McD will pay more. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad