GDT: Hockey is back! Will the Oilers show up? Edm v Car - 730 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Still forcing things a lot. So's Kane. Brown kinda just cement hands still.

Yeah that line needs a Nuge, someone with sure hands that can hang onto pucks a long enough to extend possession. Kane is fine though creating a lot of net front opportunities.

Reactions: Duke74

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Plus years of Yamamoto and once upon a time Drai was being blamed here for not getting Pulju and Khaira scoring goals.

Connor Brown has not scored a goal for 21mths. Thats how long.
Haha. Just like Nugent Hopkins before him in years past when this team didn't have forward depth and opted to run The Stack line. An off night for Draisaitl which is going to happen but at least Kane started creating through some later game shot attempts. For all the overhyping of Brown, this guy is as anticipated a 3rd/2nd line tweener with good PK work.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Duke74

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Haha. Just like Nugent Hopkins before him in years past when this team didn't have forward depth and opted to run The Stack line. An off night for Draisaitl which is going to happen but at least Kane started creating through some later game shot attempts. For all the overhyping of Brown, this guy is as anticipated a 3rd/2nd line tweener with good PK work.
I feel like he's had lots of them this year.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Drai setup Brown 5 times tonight in the slot. His mistake was setting up Brown. The line is shorthanded all night. Not only is Brown not producing a drop he's playing tentative, is slow to pucks, and isn't, well, doing anything out there.

You know, for how much Flak McLeod was getting on the board all season and including all the trade him for pucks type posts should be remembered that McLeod is in bottomsix, is flying out there game to game, and is miles ahead of where topsix Brown is. Connor Brown is the worst player on this club. Including Erne who actually hits.

Now how would you feel with sloppy seconds on your line all the time, every year, for time immemorial? At least he has Kane. But thats 24M on the hoof on the first line. Connor McDavid wanted Brown on the team, for some reason, but doesn't want to play with him. Great.

f*** I'd rather have old Gagner slotting in there. Hamblin, anybody.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
He's an elite finisher as a McWinger. Different game as a power centreman as the driver of his own line. Have to get this guy some shots but at least Kane is a quality volume shooting option on that line. But tonight as a team they got a lot of production elsewhere.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Drai setup Brown 5 times tonight in the slot. His mistake was setting up Brown. The line is shorthanded all night. Not only is Brown not producing a drop he's playing tentative, is slow to pucks, and isn't, well, doing anything out there.

You know, for how much Flak McLeod was getting on the board all season and including all the trade him for pucks type posts should be remembered that McLeod is in bottomsix, is flying out there game to game, and is miles ahead of where topsix Brown is. Connor Brown is the worst player on this club. Including Erne who actually hits.

Now how would you feel with sloppy seconds on your line all the time, every year, for time immemorial? At least he has Kane. But thats 24M on the hoof on the first line. Connor McDavid wanted Brown on the team, for some reason, but doesn't want to play with him. Great.

Good point. I don't know why he isn't shooting himself. He's a 3-time 50-goal scorer. Any good goal scorer would look off a dud like Brown and just shoot.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Good point. I don't know why he isn't shooting himself. He's a 3-time 50-goal scorer. Any good goal scorer would look off a dud like Brown and just shoot.
One fault in Drais personality and play is he always wants to get his linemates lunch first. Its the unselfish part of him. be selfish Drai.

Strikes me that Lavoie would be better fit with Drai and Kane also. 3 guys tough on pucks that can all score. Would do that instead.

We should have got rid of Connor Brown. Actually never should have acquired him which I said from start.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

Looked like the old days when Nugent Hopkins got the rotating shitty wingers. At least Draisaitl has a highly effective Kane to work with. But that line has to get some quality shot opportunities for Draisaitl. Can't have one of your 50 goal guys with 1 shot on net. Need another distributor on that line and flush Brown to an energy 3 line role. Drai can and will also be more assertive to drive his line's production. Off nights happen.

The dump on an injured McDavid is one of the worst, dumbest takes I've seen around these parts. The Captain is back as is his fifth gear, ludicrous speed.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Looked like the old days when Nugent Hopkins got the rotating shitty wingers. At least Draisaitl has a highly effective Kane to work with. But that line has to get some quality shot opportunities for Draisaitl. Can't have one of your 50 goal guys with 1 shot on net. Need another distributor on that line and flush Brown to an energy 3 line role. Drai can and will also be more assertive to drive his line's production. Off nights happen.

The dump on an injured McDavid is one of the worst, dumbest takes I've seen around these parts. The Captain is back as is his fifth gear, ludicrous speed.
Its harder I think for Drive to drive as he gets older and a foot slower. Lots of mileage and minutes on the tacometer by now. McD is superhuman, nobody else is. I think its important that Drai get some passes too, and thats not happening on that line. But Brown is an absolute boat anchor. Worse than Belanger level.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Its harder I think for Drive to drive as he gets older and a foot slower. Lots of mileage and minutes on the tacometer by now. McD is superhuman, nobody else is. I think its important that Drai get some passes too, and thats not happening on that line. But Brown is an absolute boat anchor. Worse than Belanger level.
Plays such a different game when on the wing versus centre. His speed is noticeable as a winger which is so much about finding open ice when McDavid creates chaos with his speed and puck handling. As a power centre, he has the puck on his stick more and his game tends to be more methodical along with the centre responsibilities in own zone defending. Needs to get a big more selfish looking for his shots.

Tonight on the goal against you could see he was bagged. Had his head down, driving from his net and opted to follow the rush up ice instead of going for a change. Nurse went in deep and Oil got caught missing the forward coverage on the point - mainly Brown but also Draisaitl coming in late.

Can't always drive this team's production. It's actually a good thing how this team got a ton of EV scoring from all over the line-up. But agree that they should move Brown to 3W.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I have been. I don’t mind their coffee!

Their ice coffee is gross though.

I would like to personally take some credit for this win streak. Taking down A and W as much as I have isn’t easy lol
We appreciate the immense sacrifice you have made for the greater good.

Oops, that was from my speech I gave to the pharmacy company executives at that conference a few months back…oh well it applies here too. :)

• Love
Reactions: tardigrade81

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I have been. I don’t mind their coffee!

Their ice coffee is gross though.

I would like to personally take some credit for this win streak. Taking down A and W as much as I have isn’t easy lol
I liked their coffee before but now they changed it. Seems weak or something now. Just miss the old stuff which was almost addictive.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
We appreciate the immense sacrifice you have made for the greater good.

Oops, that was from my speech I gave to the pharmacy company executives at that conference a few months back…oh well it applies here too. :)
Lmao I appreciate that speech!

I liked their coffee before but now they changed it. Seems weak or something now. Just miss the old stuff which was almost addictive.
Ya I generally drink tims coffee or ice coffee from starbucks

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Yes. The original A and W coffee was my go to as well. I’m not a coffee snob so now I grab in order of priority a McDonalds, VanHoutte brand (available at Coop gas stations) or wait for it…7-11. The stores stink but the coffee is good.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Slavin makes a strong case, and Svechnikov isn't far behind.
Both good players, but Aho is the leader and captain. But their issue is they have no extreme high end players to get them over the top. They depend on hard work and a system.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Both good players, but Aho is the leader and captain. But their issue is they have no extreme high end players to get them over the top. They depend on hard work and a system.
Aho is indeed the leader and captain, but I’d argue Slavin is the better player. At the very least, I think Slavin ranks higher among NHL D than Aho does among NHL Cs (let alone NHL forwards).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad