GDT: Hockey is back! Leafs Rookie tournament Leafs vs Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I missed the game. Glad to hear all the good posts on Valiev. I really like this kid. He is my dark horse on defense, force guys down the lineup and make it on the starting 6. Johnson is my dark horse for forwards.

Valiev used his maturity and experience to advantage in the 1st game - very confident skater out there last night.

My dark dark dark horse on forward is Marchment. He looks as raw as a puppy but skates decently, looks to have soft hands, and is tenacious on both sides of the puck.

Mr Hockey*

I missed the game. Glad to hear all the good posts on Valiev. I really like this kid. He is my dark horse on defense, force guys down the lineup and make it on the starting 6. Johnson is my dark horse for forwards.

Valiev is to good for this rookie camp level play.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I thought he was the worst forward. Very sloppy, in a sloppy game.

I came away unimpressed with Walker as well, I thought he'd be more of a factor. I wasn't over the moon with anyone without an NHL contract, outside of Smith who was just on an NHL contract. Nicolas Mattinen the Leafs other 6th rder from this draft was probably the Leafs second best dman, though.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Valiev used his maturity and experience to advantage in the 1st game - very confident skater out there last night.

My dark dark dark horse on forward is Marchment. He looks as raw as a puppy but skates decently, looks to have soft hands, and is tenacious on both sides of the puck.
Marchment is an interesting pick. I have to say I think he needs some ahl time this year and see how he progresses. I think it's just he needs some seasoning.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
For sure. I think he's likely ECHL bound for awhile. Raw as a floppy-eared puppy with big feet lol.

Hahaha.
Great image for such a big guy! Makes me think of this
hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad