OT: Hockey Internship Opportunities for a College Student- Career Advice?

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
Hey all. Some of you may be familiar with me in the past from my threads regarding Concordia and spots to watch Habs games. I have one more question, and I hope that you guys can help me.

I'm currently a freshman at Concordia. I speak very little French, but will be taking lots of French classes throughout my tenure here at the University. Living three minutes away from the Bell Centre, and looking at it every day has increased my interest in doing work for a hockey team. Although I am only 18, I am very interested in a career regarding hockey management; really, anything affiliated with the game of hockey. I am interested in becoming an intern or doing work for either a college team or a non-collegiate hockey team. I'm just looking for something to "get my feet wet", so to speak.

I have a friend back home who is the manager for his school's basketball team; something like that would be of great interest to me.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks guys. Oh, and 31 days left til opening day. I just got my Red vs. White scrimmage tickets and can't wait for my free hot dog :sarcasm:

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
You could try your hand at coaching. Find the civic hockey association nearest to you and offer to be an assistant coach/team manager. Parents will usually fill those spots, but there's probably an opportunity in a team with lazy parents. Not paid though.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Hey all. Some of you may be familiar with me in the past from my threads regarding Concordia and spots to watch Habs games. I have one more question, and I hope that you guys can help me.

I'm currently a freshman at Concordia. I speak very little French, but will be taking lots of French classes throughout my tenure here at the University. Living three minutes away from the Bell Centre, and looking at it every day has increased my interest in doing work for a hockey team. Although I am only 18, I am very interested in a career regarding hockey management; really, anything affiliated with the game of hockey. I am interested in becoming an intern or doing work for either a college team or a non-collegiate hockey team. I'm just looking for something to "get my feet wet", so to speak.

I have a friend back home who is the manager for his school's basketball team; something like that would be of great interest to me.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks guys. Oh, and 31 days left til opening day. I just got my Red vs. White scrimmage tickets and can't wait for my free hot dog :sarcasm:

Won't lie, the bolded made me think of this guy:

troy+at+home.jpg

Anyway, don't know your business major but:

http://jmsm.ca/

That might help you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad