GDT: Hockey Day in Mi... - 17.1.2015 Coyotes @ Wild FSN 8PM / 4AM Suami

Status
Not open for further replies.

J22*

Maybe Barkov? Of those guys you listed, Barkov has the highest potential. Henrique and Hodgson are already 24 and don't have #1 C potential, Kadri as well, plus I just don't like him. Schenn is 23 and in the same boat.

That leaves RNH, Couturier and Zibanejad. Quite honestly I don't think any one of them are going to be that much better than Granlund, so there's no point in trading for them.

I'd be ok with trying to move up at the draft if the right guy is available, but if this tier of players is the only tier we can get in a trade, we are better off not making a move.

I say "maybe Barkov" because I'm not sure if/why he would even be available. He's still young enough that it doesn't make sense for Florida to move him.

My list of names isn't a list of guys that I want, it's a list of players that I think could be available. The reality is that young 1st line centers are not going to be available. Teams flat out don't trade guys like MacKinnon, Duchene, Seguin, Johansen. That means it's either young guys similar to Granlund, older guys that are probably on the downswing/too expensive, or guys that are not ideal #1's.

IMO- there are a bunch of guys on my list that I would trade Spurgeon for and a few that I would add the 1st to get. Not sure I would trade Spurgeon, Granlund, and the 1st for any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad