Hockey Card Help

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
5 months later, finally got my Timmy redemption in the mail today.
Love the card, but wondering where the heck the patch is from?

Rounded pieces have me suspecting either the S patch, or part of his name, but I honestly can't tell.
The back of the card says its authenticated as being player worn, but I call suspect.
TS.png

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Wouldn't be from the number "8" on the arms?

Can't help more as I never really wondered about these things

I think you'd get instant help on reddit with this

By the way, are you on SCF or HI?

Last edited:

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
first thought was part of one of the O jerseys, but Timmy didnt wear one of them. So gotta be part of the 8 you'd think.

There's only 1 team for this mystery...

scooby.jpg

Reactions: Ice-Tray

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
The 8's aren't rounded on the arms and there's no red inside the 8. Could it be from a black jersey and his name?

Assen na yo!

I have an authentic black jersey with his name on it, and the letters are still squarish.

My best guess is the Reverse Retro Jersey, but I don’t have one to confirm the stitching/lettering.

atmx093

STUDzle
Jul 2, 2014
Gatineau
Aside from them stating on the back that they promise the pictured player wore the jersey that the piece on the front comes from, there's a whole lot of nothing. You have to take their word that they're being honest and that their process in getting the right pieces on the right cards is a trustworthy one.

They regularly get photos of the wrong player on their cards, that's all I gotta say.

atmx093

STUDzle
Jul 2, 2014
Gatineau
I have an authentic black jersey with his name on it, and the letters are still squarish.

My best guess is the Reverse Retro Jersey, but I don’t have one to confirm the stitching/lettering.

They haven't used rounded number shapes in several years unless there's a new jersey I'm not aware of. Even the practice jerseys have these squarish numbers. Try asking them through social media.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Update.

Whoever runs their Twitter replied…

“This was a photo shoot jersey so it's not always the same as they wear currently on ice.”

“Many of these shoots take place before the athlete even has an official jersey so there are a variety that can be used in order to provide some different looks for memorabilia cards.”

So either they gave Timmy a 2017 Reebok jersey to where for a photo shoot, or Upper Deck are lying.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Update.

Whoever runs their Twitter replied…

“This was a photo shoot jersey so it's not always the same as they wear currently on ice.”

“Many of these shoots take place before the athlete even has an official jersey so there are a variety that can be used in order to provide some different looks for memorabilia cards.”

So either they gave Timmy a 2017 Reebok jersey to where for a photo shoot, or Upper Deck are lying.

That seems shady as ffff. What is the point of the swatches if they're not at least game worn? And why would they use some old jersey for a photoshoot?

How do they describe the swatches in their marketing material?

Assen na yo!

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
That seems shady as ffff. What is the point of the swatches if they're not at least game worn? And why would they use some old jersey for a photoshoot?

How do they describe the swatches in their marketing material?

Assen na yo!

The back reads “authenticated as being worn by the player”.

Which I am fine with, but there is 0 chance Timmy wore a Reebok jersey in any photo shoot for Ottawa.

16w

Jun 23, 2003
give it a sniff. if it smells like jock strap it's probably from jock strap.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
5 months later, finally got my Timmy redemption in the mail today.
Love the card, but wondering where the heck the patch is from?

Rounded pieces have me suspecting either the S patch, or part of his name, but I honestly can't tell.
The back of the card says its authenticated as being player worn, but I call suspect. View attachment 462290

Are you in Ottawa?

If so take it over to my guy Hans who owns the card store Game Breakers which is on Baseline right beside the Lonestar.

He might be able to help you

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Are you in Ottawa?

If so take it over to my guy Hans who owns the card store Game Breakers which is on Baseline right beside the Lonestar.

He might be able to help you

I am, and that is literally 2 mins from my work.

Reactions: DJB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad