Hockey Camp

Muttley*

I'm planning on going to a hockey camp this summer.
Have you guys ever heard of this one? Have you (or your friends) already been there? Is it any good? Any help would be great!:)

http://www.nj-hockeycamp.com/

wow, you'll be at the Union Sports Arena (weird sounding ice when you skate on it) where the Wildcats play and it's part of the Devils youth hockey system.

NJ youth hockey is underrated & growing and you will be near New York City too.;)

You are extremely lucky and will benefit from not having the pressure of playing in Canada.

Good boy! Good luck and go for your dreams!

koh19

May 19, 2006
Fribourg
wow, you'll be at the Union Sports Arena (weird sounding ice when you skate on it) where the Wildcats play and it's part of the Devils youth hockey system.

NJ youth hockey is underrated & growing and you will be near New York City too.;)

You are extremely lucky and will benefit from not having the pressure of playing in Canada.

Good boy! Good luck and go for your dreams!

I'm not going yet, I'd first like a few other opinions but thanks for yours! I just want to make sure I'm not going to a crappy camp or something....

Muttley*

I'm not going yet, I'd first like a few other opinions but thanks for yours! I just want to make sure I'm not going to a crappy camp or something....

sorry dude, I've never heard of this one and I asked around. Youth hockey is big in NJ so it's probably not a bad start. Good luck.;)

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
If that includes your accomdations, it seems like an interesting camp. When you do a little research on the names associated with the camp, you will find some skilled folks involved with this. Given the Pro Euro philosphy and desire to combine NA and Euro training methods, I cant see how it would be a bad experiance.

Considering the VERY limited group that going to be taken, I wouldnt wait too long. It may already be if the camp has filled the slots. Remember that camps do not make you a better player. They provide you with the knowledge to take back with you to be used to make you that better player. Even under the best conditions, if the participant isnt in the right frame of mind, the camp will be nearly worthless. Under poor conditions, an intelligent and positive minded player WILL benefit. Its all going to depend on how you approach and participate.

koh19

May 19, 2006
Fribourg
If that includes your accomdations, it seems like an interesting camp. When you do a little research on the names associated with the camp, you will find some skilled folks involved with this. Given the Pro Euro philosphy and desire to combine NA and Euro training methods, I cant see how it would be a bad experiance.

Considering the VERY limited group that going to be taken, I wouldnt wait too long. It may already be if the camp has filled the slots. Remember that camps do not make you a better player. They provide you with the knowledge to take back with you to be used to make you that better player. Even under the best conditions, if the participant isnt in the right frame of mind, the camp will be nearly worthless. Under poor conditions, an intelligent and positive minded player WILL benefit. Its all going to depend on how you approach and participate.

yes, the price includes everything. One of the reasons why I'm hesitating is that I'm wondering if I should just work out on dryland and not play hockey. Some say it's just better to workout (gym) and not to take part in a camp. I personally missed 3/5 of the season due to an ankle break so I was thinking it would help me a lot for next season.:dunno:

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
THe camp is but one week of your off season. With the camp and the coaching you would be able to be much more productive and efficient with the rest of your off season works. IF you have the time, money and your passport in order...its an experiance you will prob never regret nor forget. There is nothing quite like looking back and wondering "what if".

RJ8812*

IMO, im not to high on summer hockey camps. it's good to get on the ice over the summer every now and then, but many many NHL players say it's best to take that time off from hockey, which i agree with, and play another sport and hit the gym

dbbourn

Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
I've played multiple seasons on the Union Sports Arena Ice and, although it has gotten better over the years, it is far from the best ice in the state. Alexei Kasatonov runs a skills clinic there, so he may be one of the daily guests. I played against him once in a charity game and he was always sure to get his stick in my midsection on every shift. Perhaps some of the other guests may include other retired Devils, as many of them live in the area.

I wouldn't consider Union as one of the best areas in the state, but it isn't the worst. The best part about it is probably the location. Being only 30 minutes from the City and about an hour from the beach, which are 2 events that are scheduled for the camp.

As for the price, I have no idea if that is any good. If it includes airfare, lodging, and the camp, my guess is it isn't a bad start.

I'm not sure what this camp offers, but it includes sessions by either Scott Stevens, Patrick Elias, or Martin Brodeur.
www.icevault.com

Last edited:

philip69

Aug 31, 2009
hi guys, i'm an adult from the netherlands i'm skating from feb. 2008 i've been to an tsjechie hockeycamp last summer next year i wanna go to the can/am camp is it any good or do you have any other suggestions?(maybe my english is not so good sorry for that) so i'm a beginner!;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad