Hockey Cages

Howitzer66

Aug 23, 2011
What cage should I get 9900 cage or the 11K . i slightly prefer vision in 9900 and its lighter i like both chin straps but I think the 9900 could absorb lots of sweat and bacteria and where down what do you think?

mhkehoe

Nov 18, 2010
Bauer 9900 is a fantastic cage. Best one I have owned, and I have owned the Jofa 480 cage which is often mentioned as one of the best cages as well.

It does seem a little shorter than other cages I have owned, but not enough to be dangerous.

Guffaw

Apr 29, 2011
Drexel Hill PA
Bauer 9900 is a fantastic cage. Best one I have owned, and I have owned the Jofa 480 cage which is often mentioned as one of the best cages as well.

It does seem a little shorter than other cages I have owned, but not enough to be dangerous.

9900 here as well and I really like it. light, comfortable chin cup, and good vision. I do agree with it being a bit on the short side. The chin cup has to be all the way at the bottom for it to fit me.

I put it on a Bauer 5100 helmet I believe it is. Best helmet/cage combo I've ever had.

KareyPrice

Jun 7, 2010
CCM FM 480 cage no if ands or butts best cage out there ............. get the crome one and ADD HANG TO THE CAGE

McDugan

Jun 29, 2010
Could someone explain what "adding hang" is for the benefit of the over-30 and non-hockey-lifer crowd?

Thanks!

Jarick

Doing Nothing
You look extremely awesome and get a +5 to your dangle abilities.

How does one "add hang" to a cage? I switched helmets and the chin cup is too high now. Don't want to buy a new one and could live with it but if there's a way to drop it a bit with some hardware that would be nice.

OilTownHero

Feb 13, 2009
Personally, I have an Oakley cage/visor facemask that is tremendous for quality vision. If good vision is your main focus, try a half visor/half cage facemask. After the first couple of skates you'll adjust and won't look back!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad