OT: Hockey Autographs

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Blues fan coming in peace, I have been going through all my man cave stuff the last few days. The wife wants me to clean it up so my boys can move the video games into the cave. I inherited a bunch of stuff when my dad passed, gifted some as presents and collected others. This is an album of ones I am not sure are real or not, their is a Avs puck in here and I have no idea who signed it. Their are multiple players on this puck but some are almost only on the black of the puck. If you do not mind and are knowledgeable about who it maybe please let me know. It is hard to compare to a real signature when i have no idea who it is even supposed to be :)

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I can't really make out any of the sigs (I'm not really good at identifying sigs anyway) but amazing collection man!

Thanks! Someone one the Bruins page identified the Bruin puck as Ray Borque which is pretty damn sweet, never thought it would be anyone that good. As of this puck I am still at a loss, The one has what looks like a 56 which when I google it I got an article stating no one has ever worn that number lol, I see what could be a number 4 but the scribbles look nothing like Blakes signature

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Thanks! Someone one the Bruins page identified the Bruin puck as Ray Borque which is pretty damn sweet, never thought it would be anyone that good. As of this puck I am still at a loss, The one has what looks like a 56 which when I google it I got an article stating no one has ever worn that number lol, I see what could be a number 4 but the scribbles look nothing like Blakes signature

The one next to the puck on the logo (#4) might be John Michael Liles but I'm not 100% sure

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Could the 4 be Uwe Krupp? I’m awful at reading signatures tbf.

Looks like your right on Krupp, its hard to see but the double p's on the way he signs are on the black of the puck, now we have at least a time-frame of the signatures, so I would guess the others are from either the 96-97 or 97-98 seasons !

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Could the 4 be Uwe Krupp? I’m awful at reading signatures tbf.
Me too, but given the look of the logo on that puck that could definitely be 90s era, and Krupp wore 4 back then. It's as a good a guess as any, and also would nail down the time frame that puck was signed because he wasn't here for much longer after that cup winning goal IIRC.

I wonder if that 56 is actually a 40? No idea who would have worn 40 at the same time Krupp wore 4, but if you squint it could kind of be that. Another one could be 54 or 34 if you look at it upside down, but I don't remember enough about forward numbers to know who might have been wearing those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad