HNIC Changes Cherry and MacLean being phased out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Lahey

Oct 25, 2008
This thread is hilarious. OP, I understand your frustration to some extent (in regards to George not being a 'hockey guy'). But to say that you'd rather your children watch Don Cherry over him is astonishing. You either:

1) are out to lunch on how Stroumboulopoulos actually conducts himself

Last edited by a moderator:

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
Bertuzzi drags a guys skull through the ice and the guy that looks like he tried a joint needs to be off air... for the children, of course.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
This thread is hilarious. OP, I understand your frustration to some extent (in regards to George not being a 'hockey guy'). But to say that you'd rather your children watch Don Cherry over him is astonishing. You either:

1) are out to lunch on how Stroumboulopoulos actually conducts himself

I'm a great father and its a free society I can speak my mind against the anti culture which is anti hockey and anti traditional family values

I never said much about Don he is 80 and his tine is running out on the air while Ron is 54. Imo
He is the Bob costas of hockey

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I'm a great father and its a free society I can speak my mind against the anti culture which is anti hockey and anti traditional family values

I never said much about Don he is 80 and his tine is running out on the air while Ron is 54. Imo
The anti culture which is anti-hockey? What are you even talking about? I can speak my mind too, and you sir are an ignorant, close-minded individual.

News flash: everyone does drugs. All kinds of people. Business people, labourers, the unemployed, and yes, even some athletes. All kinds of people drink. Just because you think those who smoke weed (as an example) are "anti-hockey" doesn't mean they are. How about the guy I saw at a Leafs game the other day smoking a joint in the standing room? Or the guy smuggling in alcohol? You can be a drug addict/alcoholic while being the biggest hockey fan in the world. I wasn't aware that they couldn't coexist.

And I don't even know why you think Strombo is a drug addict. Whatever though, ignorance is bliss.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Your sheltering of the real world from you children will result in them being more curious about trying drugs than seeing someone's style on TV hosting HNIC.

No offense but you sound old school as **** at parenting but I assume your kids are young. You don't think they're going to see that **** on a daily basis when they hit high school and college?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Curious would you consider Alcohol as part of drug culture seeing at is more addicting and dangerous than a number of other drugs?

These are some of the most "head in the sand" posts I've ever read.
I doubt he does, which is funny because drinking IS a huge part of sports culture, not just hockey.

Tucker93

Apr 5, 2013
Ottawa
I'd suggest actually watching one of his interviews before going on about how he will set a bad example.

Also, how isn't he a hockey guy? He loves the sport and started out on the FAN590. He is certainly more of a hockey guy than you are OP.

And if anything, I'd say his history of drugs is for the better. Isn't overcoming something like that showing a strength of character, that, no matter how bad things may seem, through perseverance you can overcome it. And wouldn't that set a good example.

Well, it's certainly a better example than the xenophobic example you're fine with Don Cherry setting. Who cares if he's xenophobic, he a man with strong Christian family values

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
WTF is a drug culture anyway? I smoke pot on occasion and I don't even know what that means.
Apparently if you're from the big city and dress differently than the small town you look like a druggie, and are therefore part of the drug culture.

Well, I'm screwed folks.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It is the OP who has been bringing up parenting styles and that is central to his (ridiculous) argument!

You're free to debate whether OPs argument is ridiculous or not and you're free to debate if Strobowhatsitspelled is a bad influence on children or not. You're not free to insult OP or his ability or right to be a parent.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

Carefull now, do not be so quick to look up to Bob Costas-he has done "The Family Guy" you know. Not exactly a 'role model' show for our children. ;)

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Please remember the sites libel rule. If you are going to post that someone is or was a drug user to have to back it up with a link to a credible source.

13) Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Alright I think we are done here.

Anyone who wants to discuss this topic can do it in the around the leagues thread but they will do it without the discussion on parenting skills, drug use accusations and flaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad