HNIC and television viewing options

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Does anybody know if the play by play team will be Hughson, Simpson and Healy again this year?

I killed my cable sub in the fall, all I used it for was TSN, and am just trying to figure out my viewing options. I get CBC over the air, but if these three clowns are on it Im going to look into subbing to a streaming service so I can watch the other teams coverage of the game and not these idiots.

What do you guys use for streaming sites, I don't mind paying a bit for one, kind of tired of chasing free streams all over the WWW.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
A few years ago Jim Hughson became the lead commentator for Hockey Night In Canada which is why he does the Stanley Cup Finals games and not Bob Cole, so unfortunately it will be Hughson, Simpson, and Healy doing the majority of Leafs games for CBC. :rant:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Will likely be that trio again. Small chance we see Bob Cole doing most of the Leaf games because he seems to do the Habs/Sens games.

I like Hughson, he's good at his job, I find he makes games exciting with his voice. Although I dis slike some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth, he is allowed to have an opinion.

Bob Cole is a great commentator, but he doesn't have that same touch for ME... as there isn't as much energy in his voice as he is older

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Get Joe Bowen for play by play and replace Healy with anyone,never seen such a negative person in my life.Watching a stream last year without commercials I could hear the commentators laughing at the leafs.

stish

Unfortunately we will be stuck with these idiots it seems.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Get Joe Bowen for play by play and replace Healy with anyone,never seen such a negative person in my life.Watching a stream last year without commercials I could hear the commentators laughing at the leafs.
Since the Ottawa Senators have Dean Brown do their games for CBC and he is their regional commentator for their games on Sportsnet and the fact Jim Hughson is still a Canucks fan when he does their games, I do wish Joe Bowen would call the Maple Leafs games for CBC.

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
I have no clue why they stick us with Hughson doing Leaf games. Majority of Leaf fans don't like him and Jim doesn't seem to like calling our games, from the sound of his voice at least. He and Craig Simpson non-stop rag on the Leafs (whether we're winning or losing), and he sounds absolutely miserable when Toronto scores.

Fenton

Jul 17, 2005
Toronto
The past three years I've used CBC via OTA antenna and then the regional games I watched online using LeafsTV online. It was a great service for the price. I think $40 for the whole year.

You end up getting about 85% - 90% of the season. National games are not broadcast on LeafsTV online. Only regional. So no big TSN games but CBC you will get OTA.

Can't see Hughson being replaced, unless we start a letter writing campaign, I doubt they will change commentators.

I agree with the comments towards him. NHL games are an entertainment product. He takes the enjoyment out of watching a Leafs game, therefore destroying the entertainment value! Sad, but true.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I have no clue why they stick us with Hughson doing Leaf games. Majority of Leaf fans don't like him and Jim doesn't seem to like calling our games, from the sound of his voice at least. He and Craig Simpson non-stop rag on the Leafs (whether we're winning or losing), and he sounds absolutely miserable when Toronto scores.
Don't forget Glen Healy always enjoys pointing out every mistake Toronto makes, but ignores the other team when they do exactly the same things.

Fenton

Jul 17, 2005
Toronto
Don't forget Glen Healy always enjoys pointing out every mistake Toronto makes, but ignores the other team when they do exactly the same things.

You guys should really start up a letter writing campaign. CBC is publicly funded. They will listen if you get enough signatures. You just have to make a fair argument as to why they are ruining the product. And not just 'omg glenn hearly h8s the laffs fire him!!11'.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I want to know if there will be any good deals on center ice from nhl. Honestly it should be dirt cheap due to the shorter season and a way to give back to the fans for this lockout debacle. But who knows, might have to resort to watching crappy streams again this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad