Hlinka Memorial - Czech team

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1686587314923.png

Far from my area of expertise so hopefully the three 'oos' can jump in along with marty with some good insight. czech is another one that seems to know a lot about the younger kids coming up too!

To me, on paper, it looks decent as I'm curious how guys like Jecho, Kos, Teply, Benak, Pavlik and Kral do up front. Seems like there is some offence here!

The D core gets me excited because of Galvas, Jiricek, Svozil and Skok. Again, seems like a nice start to a D core.

Feel like I never got to see Badinka in action anywhere this year. One guy I'd like to see at some point so maybe a U20 in 2 years.

I know nothing about the Goalies but will assume 2 get drafted as Czech goalies get drafted consistently lately.

Any odd omissions? Did I miss any potential stars? Titlbach?

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
New coaches too!

David Cermak is the coach.

Assistants are Richard Žemlička and Jaroslav Nedvěd

Vondrka and Neuvirth are part of this too.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
View attachment 717206

Far from my area of expertise so hopefully the three 'oos' can jump in along with marty with some good insight.

To me, on paper, it looks decent as I'm curious how guys like Jecho, Kos, Teply, Benak, Pavlik and Kral do up front. Seems like there is some offence here!

The D core gets me excited because of Galvas, Jiricek, Svozil and Skok. Again, seems like a nice start to a D core.

Feel like I never got to see Badinka in action anywhere this year. One guy I'd like to see at some point so maybe a U20 in 2 years.

I know nothing about the Goalies but will assume 2 get drafted as Czech goalies get drafted consistently lately.

Is that Klima any relation to Klima guy who sat on the bench in Edmonton and then finally scored a goal in the fourth overtime? (Maybe he did other things too. What am I, Stan Fischler?)

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
View attachment 717206

Far from my area of expertise so hopefully the three 'oos' can jump in along with marty with some good insight.

Badinka was not chosen or? Weird that a potential first rounder in his draft year would not make the squad.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Is that Klima any relation to Klima guy who sat on the bench in Edmonton and then finally scored a goal in the fourth overtime? (Maybe he did other things too. What am I, Stan Fischler?)
I don't think so because he was twins playing in Extraliga. He just passed recently. Then one of his twins got busted for drugs and kicked out of the club. Not a good 2023 for the Klima's.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Badinka was not chosen or? Weird that a potential first rounder in his draft year would not make the squad.
I think he's now too old now but he was hurt for the U18 and I don't think he played at the Hlinka. I don't think I've ever seen him.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
View attachment 717206

It looks like a fairly good group of players, with better defensive players overall. That's about the short evaluation of the team :laugh:

Reactions: czech and Czechboy

czech

Feb 23, 2009
This is more than an expanded rosrer. It is noteworthy that this list has a continuation. There is a rather large subgroup of "reserve players". It also contains such promising names as Lukáš Vilém, Adam Král, Adam Ošmera, Tobiáš Pastor, Jakub Heš, Martin Vaculík, Patrik Král, underager Vít Záhejský and more.
There are people to choose from.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
lol i remember that.....................................czechboys great alaskan adventure!!

What was it you were there for again?
Just an insane road trip... wanted to see the Yukon and Alaska with my little Czechboy offspring and Mrs. Czechboy.haha

Was really cool but I'm not sure I'd recommend driving there with a family of 4.lol Next time I'll be in my retirement and do it just 2 of us in a sprinter van or something similar.

FTR... the drive (Alaska highway) technically starts in BC and goes Northern BC, Yukon and then Alaska. Northern BC was the best part! I could've saved myself a lot of driving.haha

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This is more than an expanded rosrer. It is noteworthy that this list has a continuation. There is a rather large subgroup of "reserve players". It also contains such promising names as Lukáš Vilém, Adam Král, Adam Ošmera, Tobiáš Pastor, Jakub Heš, Martin Vaculík, Patrik Král, underager Vít Záhejský and more.
There are people to choose from.
You know a lot more about the u18 than me... what are your views on the roster? Is this team a contender for semi's?

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I expect nothing less than Bedard level production from A. Benák , who is generational czech player. If he doesn't reach that McDavid tier and ends up as someone like Jack Hughes he is a bust and i am throwing my pc, phone and finally myself out of balcony.

Last edited:

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I expect nothing less than Bedard level production from A. Benák , who is generational czech player. If he doesn't reach that McDavid tier and ends up as someone like Jack Hughes he is a bust and i am throwing my pc, phone and finally myself out of balcony.

------

What do you guys think are the chances Svozil makes the team?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

------

What do you guys think are the chances Svozil makes the team?

Svozil will of course be in the team, his quality clearly belongs to him. The only thing is that the new coach would be bothered by his sometimes lukewarm approach (I have no idea how the translator will translate it.., his enthusiasm for the game is simply not always 100%) towards the game..

Reactions: tunnelvision

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
So who are the top 5 prospects in Czechia currently? Outside of 23 draft

I am only familiar with Jiricek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad