Hlinka Gretzky 2023 Sweden roster

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Weak 06 age group, but should still advance to semifinal imo. I hope Rosén pick some 07 guys, as they can improve this team

Sterner - Zetterberg - Zetterlund
Ekberg - Pettersson - Hesselvall
Nordlund - Eriksson - Crookes
Frondell - Engholm - Berglund
Klingsell

Freij - Sahlin Wallenius
Olsson - Sjöström
Sjöqvist - Sigurd
Boumedienne

Liv

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Would like to see Ekberg, Ihs Wozniak, Frondell, Boumedienne, & Sjöström make the roster in prominent roles.

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Weak 06 age group, but should still advance to semifinal imo. I hope Rosén pick some 07 guys, as they can improve this team

Sterner - Zetterberg - Zetterlund
Ekberg - Pettersson - Hesselvall
Nordlund - Eriksson - Crookes
Frondell - Engholm - Berglund
Klingsell

Freij - Sahlin Wallenius
Olsson - Sjöström
Sjöqvist - Sigurd
Boumedienne

Liv
I honestly believe they’ll go full 06 team…

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Historically they take some younger guys when either the class is weak or this younger guys are too good
Ekberg and Frondell will be there, also Harenstam probably

Reactions: erikhamren

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Also, I have to say that 06 class may not be so bad as we thought initially. There is potential

Sigrell an Bodin will probably be there

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Typical Swedish thinking, I guess. There are a few forwards born -07 that are probably already better than most of the 06 forwards. Not having those in such a large camp roster is strange. Not sure if there has been a policy change since Raymond/Holtz/Wallstedt played at Hlinka with the 01-group. But then again, it would make no sense why Härenstam would be selected.

Wouldn't be surprised if the final U18 WJC roster come April next year.. will have 5-6, 07-born players on it.

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
So this means no 07 wont be selected at all? I was 100% sure Ekberg and Frondell would be at the camp..

pcz

Jul 25, 2022
Guess I expected more of the 07's to get a shot at this camp, heck I even thought a few of these 06's could have had a shot at the world U18. Kind of hard to avoid "controversy" (or whatever people want to call it) at this point. Most people probably have a similar picture of what this roster is gonna look like. The camp roster is kind of tricky though. Lots of tough choices to make IMO. The lack of underagers vs the lack of names like Sigrell and Bodin among a few others.. It seems like they try to get the utter most out of each age group at a time though.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Not sure it's a joke or a typo, but out of 16 invited defenders, none are right-handed??
Typo... For Laban Persson. I'm pretty sure he's the only righty.

Bodin is a righty (and was the captain for the U17 team), not sure why he's not going to be in camp, must be unavailable.

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
Sterner - Zetterberg - Fernström
Nordlund - Pettersson - Zetterlund
Holst-Persson - Eriksson - Eklund
Toresson - Björck - Olofsson

Freij - Vilén
Olsson - Sahlin Wallenius
Morin - Persson
Eliasson

Liv

Ad