Hit on Weaver

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If Garbutt's hit crushing Mike Weaver's head had been on another, more popular Hab player, fans would be calling for a ten-game suspension!

Of course, ten is too many, but from the angle I saw, that was nevertheless a hit where the back of the head was the principal point of contact, plus it was clearly boarding. A very, very dangerous hit that not only COULD result in an injury but DID.

The league has to at least review this from all angles.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Weaver is just dumb...2nd time he put himself in a dangerous situation. Neither of those hits were the hitters fault...you'd think he'd learn his lesson after the first hit from behind but nope, repeats the same mistake and gets injured this time.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
If Garbutt's hit crushing Mike Weaver's head had been on another, more popular Hab player, fans would be calling for a ten-game suspension!

Of course, ten is too many, but from the angle I saw, that was nevertheless a hit where the back of the head was the principal point of contact, plus it was clearly boarding. A very, very dangerous hit that not only COULD result in an injury but DID.

The league has to at least review this from all angles.

Garbutt was challenged a couple times after the play.

Not only did he not fight, he dove and drew a couple penalties... And I think he was the one to get the EN goal.

Pretty frustrating how that all worked out.

Lindy ruff teams seem to have this type of stamp going back to his buffalo days. Change up barnaby, grosek, kaleta etc... With roussel, and garbutt.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Garbutt was challenged a couple times after the play.

Not only did he not fight, he dove and drew a couple penalties... And I think he was the one to get the EN goal.

Pretty frustrating how that all worked out.

Lindy ruff teams seem to have this type of stamp going back to his buffalo days. Change up barnaby, grosek, kaleta etc... With roussel, and garbutt.

Prust tried to engage with him but he wouldn't. He knew he'd had to eat from a straw for a few weeks.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
The hit on Weaver looked worse than the Tangradi on Folin hit that got Tangradi a major and ejection from the game.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Weaver is just dumb...2nd time he put himself in a dangerous situation. Neither of those hits were the hitters fault...you'd think he'd learn his lesson after the first hit from behind but nope, repeats the same mistake and gets injured this time.

Garbutt definitely did not need to hit Weaver like that after he played the puck. It was gratuitous, it was boarding, and it should probably have been supplemental discipline worthy.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Garbutt definitely did not need to hit Weaver like that after he played the puck. It was gratuitous, it was boarding, and it should probably have been supplemental discipline worthy.

Call it what you want, he saw numbers and still laid into him. Where is the line?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Call it what you want, he saw numbers and still laid into him. Where is the line?

I think people don't care that much because Weaver put himself in vulnerable positions constantly and that he's been playing poorly instead of Tinordi or Beaulieu to boot.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I like less how MTL never responded at all. Period.

Didn't turn up offense, didn't engage physically, and didn't even "force" him into a fight.

Just start force feeding Garbutt some punches, he either responds and fights or MTL is shorthanded in a game they were playing like crap once again anyhow

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
the injury was a result of him being short, yet another reason to add to a long list of why we should stop signing/drafting/trading for midget players

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
the injury was a result of him being short, yet another reason to add to a long list of why we should stop signing/drafting/trading for midget players

You know that nothing you just wrote ,is correct, right?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
We're fans tired of the Habs hiring weak little people.

Yeah but, Weaver is built like a tank...

I agree this is a small team, pushed around too much, but it's not because of a guy like Weaver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad