Hit by Steven Johns...

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Yeow!!!. That was big. If he brings that to the pro's, he'd certainly look good in a Hawks sweater.

Nothingman*

I hope Stan brings him in. Losing him would suck big time. He might want to play somewhere were he can get into the squad quicker. But with Rozy here only another year and Oduya going to be a casualty of signing Kane/Toews most likely, we do need to keep this very close to NHL ready D man.

LandofLincoln*

What are the chances this kid signs with Chicago?

Wow that was a bone crushing hit!

I would think his chances of playing in Chicago are good. We will be lacking size after Brookbank is gone next season and D. Olsen the other sizable defense prospect is now gone.

The Blackhawks could lose him though if they don't have a fast tract to the NHL for him. Johns has NHL size and he probably would only want 30-40 games in the AHL before playing in the NHL. He could sign with a team that would guarantee him a roster spot. He won't get a guaranteed spot in Chicago. The Blackhawks will need to sell Johns that there is a clear path and a short fast path through Rockford.

He has played in a few of the prospect camps with the Blackhawks. I would think Chicago has a 60% or better chance of signing him. However, he is from Pennsylvania so playing out East closer to home is probably in the back of his mind.

Chicago has already rolled out the red carpet for Stephen Johns as long as they don't b.s. him he probably ends up in Rockford and makes the Blackhawks roster toward the second half the season. My guess is that the Blackhawks are hoping he makes the roster as the 7th defenseman.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I hope Stan brings him in. Losing him would suck big time. He might want to play somewhere were he can get into the squad quicker. But with Rozy here only another year and Oduya going to be a casualty of signing Kane/Toews most likely, we do need to keep this very close to NHL ready D man.

I think Oduya's contract expires before 2015 anyway, and Rosy/Brookbank both expire by end of next year. So yeah, there should be plenty of room for John's to compete for a spot. On the topic of Brookbank, he looks much improved compared to last year. It's like him and Rosy switched skill sets. Rosy has been awful this year.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
spent a little time in South Bend last week, hit up a few bars. I forgot which one we were at maybe Cheers or Linebacker Lounge (hit up a few!!) and the bartender gave us a shot called a Johns Bomb! I asked why do you call this a Johns bomb, and the tender said because it knocks you on your ass! I thought that was the coolest thing I have heard in a while. The shot was decent forgot what was in it but seemed like a skittles bomb or something like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad