History Will Repeat Itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendigo

Nov 27, 2013
For all you tanker yankers, while I too would love to win the McDavid sweepstakes, have you forgotten how this works?

First: Have a strong start to the season; get the less seasoned Leafs fans to talk whispers of a playoff berth, and with it a playoff run: Dare to dream!

Second: The start begins to stutter just before Christmas, and fans wonder: is this a hiccup or a true reflection of what our team actually is?

Third: Second half of the season, and the team goes loses more than it wins: sub-.500 hockey. The 18 wheeler goes over the cliff. Fans wear bags over their heads. Goaltending is put under the microscope.

Fourth: Leafs are out of a playoff spot, with a very low probability of making said playoff spot. In fact, they are in a position where if they play .500 hockey, they'll still get a high draft pick. Under very little pressure, suddenly the team "loosens up" and goes on a franchise challenging win streak, conceivably 8-15 wins in a row. Winning streak ends 2 points shy of a playoff spot; often depending on another team to lose the last game of the season. We've moved from 6th in the draft to 17th. Leafs choose unwisely in the draft.

Rinse and repeat.

I've seen it so many times, that it's practically Sisyphean. McDavid? Keep McDreaming.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Damn, with one win, even Tank Nation is starting to fall apart. Can't get enough of these fans... :lol:

Wendigo

Nov 27, 2013
Damn, with one win, even Tank Nation is starting to fall apart. Can't get enough of these fans... :lol:

I'm not part of Tank Nation. I'm realistic, and for all the stats sucklers here, they ought to know that McDavid is a low probability outcome. All you had to do is watch with your very own eyes this evening to see that the Oilers are terrible. They'll get the 4th number 1 since 2010, 5th top 5 and 6th top 10 this upcoming draft. They've mastered the art.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
I have no doubt this team will go on a winning streak and draft around 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad