History of Hockey Thread

archangel2

May 19, 2019
thread is a little misleading. I think the OP means What is YOUR history with hockey and not Hockey history. There is an ongoing battle on the history board about where the game was invented.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
When did everyone start watching hockey?
Cool idea for a thread.

I'm really going to show my age here. The players I remember most from my early days are guys like Lever, Gould, Blight, Kearns and Gary suitcase Smith. That means mid 70s. I never knew how completely consumed I was until that amazing feeling during the '82 run. I remember walking to and from school (uphill both ways) like I was floating on a cloud. It was such an amazing run.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Cool idea for a thread.

I'm really going to show my age here. The players I remember most from my early days are guys like Lever, Gould, Blight, Kearns and Gary suitcase Smith. That means mid 70s. I never knew how completely consumed I was until that amazing feeling during the '82 run. I remember walking to and from school (uphill both ways) like I was floating on a cloud. It was such an amazing run.
Glad someone likes the thread.

Cool story too. That must have been fun.

Reactions: iceburg

gsharpe

Jan 12, 2010
I find it quite fun to relate my Canuck joy to Mark Messier. I love how that pisses off long time Canuck fans. The truth of it is that he made the Canucks so bad my family could afford tickets. Screw you Naslund for making the team great again!

Also credit to Benning for allowing me to enjoy hockey again 20 years later.

• Haha
Reactions: Jyrki21

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
I find it quite fun to relate my Canuck joy to Mark Messier. I love how that pisses off long time Canuck fans. The truth of it is that he made the Canucks so bad my family could afford tickets. Screw you Naslund for making the team great again!

I blame Brian Noonan.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

I wish I still had my VPD poster of Mess and company with the dogs. I’m pretty sure my friend still has his. Was a cool poster.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
What are some annoying or interesting things certain players would do?

Ie. Bertuzzi always going a mile off side and then chastising the ref after.

Morrison taking a weak stick infraction every game and then complaining ever so mildly every time.

Read this as fandom
Read this as femdom.

I wish I still had my VPD poster of Mess and company with the dogs. I’m pretty sure my friend still has his. Was a cool poster.
Didn't the Canucks do a fire fighter group shot in the Bure years too?

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
What are some annoying or interesting things certain players would do?

Ie. Bertuzzi always going a mile off side and then chastising the ref after.

Morrison taking a weak stick infraction every game and then complaining ever so mildly every time.

Read this as femdom.
Read this

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Never mind I was thinking of the steel workers or whatever

Attachments

• 01d1hwaet8s61.png
    01d1hwaet8s61.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 4

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Let's discuss Bryan Helmer.

Also Scott Lachance. I really liked him.

Helmer looked like a 45 year old chain smoker who worked in a shop when he was like 29.
Bryan Helmer and Michael Chaput were teammates. Boone Jenner as well. Dude was an AHL legend. Not sure how many guys play to like 40 without ever staying out of the AHL for a full season.

I had no idea Lachance played over 800 games.
Dude had like a decade in the NHL by the time he was a Canuck.

Last edited:

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Bryan Helmer and Michael Chaput were teammates. Boone Jenner as well. Dude was an AHL legend. Not sure how many guys play to like 40 without ever staying out of the AHL for a full season.

Dude had like a decade in the NHL by the time he was a Canuck.
For some reason I thought the Isles drafted him or his career started in the mid 90s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad