Recalled/Assigned: Hirose elevated to Taxi Squad

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Isn't this a really good thing for him? Maybe I misread but I thought if you were assigned to the AHL you're subject to salary proration but if you're on the taxi squad you dont have to worry about it.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Isn't this a really good thing for him? Maybe I misread but I thought if you were assigned to the AHL you're subject to salary proration but if you're on the taxi squad you dont have to worry about it.

Hirose has 2-way contract and in taxi squad you'll get the AHL salary. No difference.

Givani Smith was promoted from taxi squad to NHL active roster (as possible healthy scratch), and he'll get NHL salary, instead of AHL salary.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Hirose has 2-way contract and in taxi squad you'll get the AHL salary. No difference.

Givani Smith was promoted from taxi squad to NHL active roster (as possible healthy scratch), and he'll get NHL salary, instead of AHL salary.
No, what I mean is if you are officially assigned to the AHL you get a prorated salary because they're not playing. But if you are on the taxi squad you get all of your AHL salary... you don't get a prorated salary

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
No, what I mean is if you are officially assigned to the AHL you get a prorated salary because they're not playing. But if you are on the taxi squad you get all of your AHL salary... you don't get a prorated salary
You're probably right, but it's still chump change, he's made $659k the last 2 seasons being in the NHL, whereas his AHL salary is $70k for the entire season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad