Confirmed with Link: Hirose 1 year deal

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Some established top AHL guys push into the $300K (Barber, McIlrath and Lashoff were all at over $300k) to over $400K range and some guys get signed to a one way contract and make an NHL salary even if they're tabbed for the AHL (Pickard, Ben Street a few years back).
It’s funny because depending on the neighborhood there is a very real possibility some of our AHLers making 300k+ in Grand Rapids have more disposable income than people getting the rookie contract in San Jose or Vancouver

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Don't get this signing at all. He has already shown he isn't tough enough to play in the NHL.

It's a two-way deal and he's performed very well in the AHL. His playmaking and vision will help our prospects in GR. It's beneficial to have organizational depth and a strong AHL team.

Last edited:
Reactions: evolutionbaby

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I assume its so he can play in the Griff's final game in addition to tonight's Wing game
That's exactly what his article says:

UFA at the end of the season, I hope he comes back to play the same role for the same salary, maybe x 2 years?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
why?

Buddy is an AHLer..hopefully he's not in the NHL plans?

These borderline NHL/AHL contracts.

Normal procedure every off-season.

No reason to ask why, no reason to freak out, he is just a great playmaker for Griffins.
Post automatically merged:

Doesn't look like he had any bonus for last season. Pretty uncommon for guys tabbed for the AHL to get bonuses on their non-ELC contracts (last season was his first non-ELC contract).

He's got a $220k AHL guarantee, so he'll either spend some time on the NHL roster or get the $30k difference at the end of the season.

The bonus is the NHL-callup, when your salary goes 4-5 times higher.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
These borderline NHL/AHL contracts.

Normal procedure every off-season.

No reason to ask why, no reason to freak out, he is just a great playmaker for Griffins.
Post automatically merged:

The bonus is the NHL-callup, when your salary goes 4-5 times higher.

You guys are responding to a thread from last season, he has not been re-signed for next season yet. I hope he comes back though, smart player even if he's limited physically. He'll be a coach someday, probably an assistant coach though because he seems too nice to be a head coach.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
You guys are responding to a thread from last season, he has not been re-signed for next season yet. I hope he comes back though, smart player even if he's limited physically. He'll be a coach someday, probably an assistant coach though because he seems too nice to be a head coach.
yeah I wish there was a little zombie icon next to old threads that have returned to the top of the page in case I don't notice the post dates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad