Post-Game Talk: Hire a PP "Consultant"

*Bob Richards*

I swear we ran a PP unit last night consisting of Pyatt/Stepan/Ferrari as our forward line.

What the actual ****.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
I just can't wrap my head around us not having "horses" when we have Gaborik, Nash, Richards, and yes Cally's 30G.

I see a lack of guys given ice time that like to do the real dirty work.

There's not a team outside of Pitts that would LOVE to have our top 3. We have all the tools - they need to be sharpened.

Sorry to answer so late - had to go to work.

Richards - play is horrible, he's either out of shape (I hope 'cause that's fixable) or on the downside

Nash - I know he's a beast, and I'd make the trade again, but he has 1 goal in 7 games = 11 goals in a full regtuloar season.

Gaborik - playing harder, looks OK or better, but he's not really very suited for the game Torts wants to play.

So that's really about one and a half horses, not three. And certainly not enough to compensate for the extremely poor bottom 6.

Team needs to be about and goaltending. I am afraid this will be a "down" year, as opposed to last year, which over-achieved. It goes like that. Next year will be better, unless the guys whose ELC expire demand too much and we lose them. Next year we'll have some new blood come up, get rid of some of the dead wood like Rupp. Also, Rangers are not a cheapskate team like the Icelanders, so maybe we can bring in a decent FA or two - not a star, but a good 2nd or 3rd liner.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I swear we ran a PP unit last night consisting of Pyatt/Stepan/Ferrari as our forward line.

What the actual ****.

Yea, I saw that. Its really obvious how bad the depth is right now.

Outside of really the top 6 there is no talent at all.

Next we will see a PP of Rupp, Asham, and Haplern.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
Pyatt and Hagelin are both on the 2nd line playing top 6 minutes already.

Then after them the drop off to Rupp, Ferrari, Halpern, Bickel, really guys that should be scratched for a lot of the games

Nash - Richards - Gaborik

Hagelin - Stepan - Callahan

Pyatt - Boyle - Kreider

Asham - Halpern - Rupp

Look at this team when they're healthy. Fourth liners on the fourth line. Third liners on the third, although, Kreider and Hagelin can flip flop. We have the pieces. It's just a matter of the team getting their wheels spinning. We didn't have our wheels spinning last season in the first 7 games either.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
That's even more of a facepalm. I have Krejci, Malkin, Heatley, and Conachar. I had updated my lines up until yesterday and totally forgot because today is my day of birth and was a busy one for me. I just updated for the next week now but not letting that happen again.
Happy birthday!

Don't let it happen again. Zetterberg is a beast and nothing will ever change that. :laugh:

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Happy birthday!

Don't let it happen again. Zetterberg is a beast and nothing will ever change that. :laugh:

haha thank you! and yea I'm all updated for the next 2 weeks now. He is tearing it up. I just released Alfy and I picked up Conacher which was a good move on my part that kid has some talent. I wish I would have landed Tarasenko though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00