Highlights of the season so far

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Highlight for me is that I won $100 in my "How many games will Beau play before he gets hurt again" contest.

Also, Hornqvist and Maatta being inhuman.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Fleury and his shutouts.
Genos hit
Bort on jagr
Downie sticking up for his teammates
Sills hit

Those are all behind the epic drama of the double hit shootout non gwg. That was beautiful.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
The highlights for this year have to be still to come. IMO this season has been a major non-starter. It's simply too hard to care right now when one of two things has to be true:

1. This is nowhere close to what the lineup looks like come playoff time
2. If this is the lineup then consecutive playoff failure #6 is assured.

Hard to get too excited in December when you trot out a top line that includes Spalling and Downy. Not that I don't like those two, I honestly do, but if that's the top line in April we will all be looking for something to pass the time in May.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Thanks for putting those up.

As an aside, I don't get people who can't appreciate these moments over the course of a season. Enjoy the game for the game's sake, that's my motto. Players come and go, teams relocate or go bankrupt. Rivalries fade. But only those awesome, fun moments remain.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Thanks for putting those up.

As an aside, I don't get people who can't appreciate these moments over the course of a season. Enjoy the game for the game's sake, that's my motto
. Players come and go, teams relocate or go bankrupt. Rivalries fade. But only those awesome, fun moments remain.

thank you and i agree 100%.

You don't like Fleury, fine. But he's playing great this year. Enjoy it. It may not last. But right now its pretty awesome.

Mad about the lack of wingers? Thats cool. But lets be happy about how Blake Comeau has come in here and already matched his point total from last year and is on pace to set a new career high.

We're witnessing Malkin go on an absolute terror right now. Enjoy that.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
+ Seeing Simon Despres emerge as a physical force in this league.
+ Beau Bennett's play, when healthy.
+ Evgeni Malkin's incredible play thus far.
+ Marc-Andre Fleury's newfound confidence.
+ Watching Brandon Sutter enter his prime.

Contender

Sep 22, 2014
Game wise, I really loved the match up against Winnipeg and the second Rangers game.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Game wise, I really loved the match up against Winnipeg and the second Rangers game.

Yeah, those two were great.

Liked the blowouts the Penguins caused, as flawed as they there. Games where they scored 5-8 goals aren't the most exciting games, but it' fun.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Gotta be Adams on the breakaway.

By the way, I had a dream that Adams changed his name to something Germanic, and wasn't discovered until he signed another contract here.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Great thread, Steve Brule, thank you. On the Pens board specifically, it seems many of the usual posters have forgotten how to actually enjoy the game. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't like Adams or Scuds either, and, yeah, Martin is playing poorly, and Despres needs a shot, etc.,but, do we really need the same people saying the same thing every freakin' game?

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Great thread, Steve Brule, thank you. On the Pens board specifically, it seems many of the usual posters have forgotten how to actually enjoy the game. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't like Adams or Scuds either, and, yeah, Martin is playing poorly, and Despres needs a shot, etc.,but, do we really need the same people saying the same thing every freakin' game?

im just tired of hearing about the top 6 lol

side note: i make a lot of penguins vines that a put a lot more production work in and some are pretty cool i think. You can check them out here if you're interested: https://vine.co/u/974831212323565568

its not all penguins stuff but mostly penguins stuff with dumb stuff sprinkled in

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I actually loved the Pens vs Devils game when they made the comeback. I thought that game was over, then suddenly.

Goals.

Goals everywhere.

That game was really a defining moment that told me this team was being coached differently.

Devils trapped it up and MJ was making swiss cheese out of it.

2014-10-29-01_33_37.gif

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
im just tired of hearing about the top 6 lol

side note: i make a lot of penguins vines that a put a lot more production work in and some are pretty cool i think. You can check them out here if you're interested: https://vine.co/u/974831212323565568

its not all penguins stuff but mostly penguins stuff with dumb stuff sprinkled in

Thanks DSB.

I'll definitely check them out. Great work on the video. Love it. Keep them coming.

I think all the little and big moments throughout a season are a great way to gauge how a season has been. We tend to lose sight of those moments.

Thanks again.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Weird shootout Rangers game for me. It was the only game I bought tickets to this year. Such a great game with Geno's hit, him playing like an animal, and the crazy low to high feeling after thinking they lost then the team coming back out and winning it.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Weird shootout Rangers game for me. It was the only game I bought tickets to this year. Such a great game with Geno's hit, him playing like an animal, and the crazy low to high feeling after thinking they lost then the team coming back out and winning it.

yeah i was at that game too. Such a bizarre moment. We couldn't really see the boyle "no goal" from our seats so we pretty much got up and started walking up the steps. When i was walking down the aisle, I remember thinking, "do the refs always crowd around the box like that when the game is over." I didnt really think anything of it til they started blowing the horn :laugh:

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
Nice work on the video (although I will say, either I was having a stroke while watching, or maybe tone it down with that pulse effect ;))

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
rather than start a new thread, figured I'd just post it here.

Following the sort of format that the penguins use making those "Ultimate Highlights" that just feature clips from the last couple games or so, I decided to start doing them. I'd recommend watching it in HD. Not all the clips are HD but my animations at the beginning and the end are in 1920x1080 so they look pretty cool full screen in HD. Let me know what you guys think

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad