Highlight of George Laraque badly messing up a breakaway

Pensfan86

Mar 18, 2002
Steel City(Pittsburgh)
Visit site
Oilers faithful:

Random game highlight / walk down memory lane that I was hoping you could help me with:

A buddy of mine and I were talking about random Penguins players from the Crosby/Malkin-era. Laraque came up and both of us simultaneously recalled a highlight from the early 2000s where Laraque gets a breakaway and essentially loses the puck/never even comes close to getting a shot off. The oilers announcers are clearly laughing with the mic covered for what feels like an eternity, before one comes back online and musters out: "ahh, big George Laraque," only to continue chuckling again.

Does anyone remember this play/game, and if so, can you direct me to where I might find it the video? Would have thought something like this would be somewhat easy to track down, but I cannot find anything online.

Thanks!

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Or you could have just watched the all star game where Mathews blows the biggest breakaway in all star history.

And ditto the stick handling competition yesterday.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Or you could have just watched the all star game where Mathews blows the biggest breakaway in all star history.

And ditto the stick handling competition yesterday.

Why do people have to bring up Auston Mathews all the time like this?

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Oh I don't know.....because it was 2 days ago? Are we not allowed to bring up the most recent break away blunder? :laugh:

The guy's asking for a clip of Georges Laraque but look, here's another Auston Matthews thread again. I'm just saying it's a little much in general.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
The guy's asking for a clip of Georges Laraque but look, here's another Auston Matthews thread again. I'm just saying it's a little much in general.

I don't disagree, but I mean... It's a little ironic to have an Oilers fan complaining about over-discussion of Matthews when I'm sure most of the league is sick of the same re: McDavid.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I don't disagree, but I mean... It's a little ironic to have an Oilers fan complaining about over-discussion of Matthews when I'm sure most of the league is sick of the same re: McDavid.

If other teams' fans keep bringing up McDavid on their team boards then I don't blame others in that fanbase for wanting to tone that down a little, either.

Anyways I'm not trying to derail this thread so carry on.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
Oilers faithful:

Random game highlight / walk down memory lane that I was hoping you could help me with:

A buddy of mine and I were talking about random Penguins players from the Crosby/Malkin-era. Laraque came up and both of us simultaneously recalled a highlight from the early 2000s where Laraque gets a breakaway and essentially loses the puck/never even comes close to getting a shot off. The oilers announcers are clearly laughing with the mic covered for what feels like an eternity, before one comes back online and musters out: "ahh, big George Laraque," only to continue chuckling again.

Does anyone remember this play/game, and if so, can you direct me to where I might find it the video? Would have thought something like this would be somewhat easy to track down, but I cannot find anything online.

Thanks!

Good luck.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Oilers faithful:

Thanks!

Don't remember that one, but do remember Scott Ferguson blowing a wide open breakaway coming out of the penalty box against Patrick Roy (Colorado). I think he fell and almost hurt himself sliding into the boards or something silly like that.

Last edited:

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Don't remember that one, but do remember Scott Ferguson blowing a wide open breakaway coming out of the penalty box against Patrick Roy (Colorado). I think he fell and almost hurt himself sliding into the boards or something silly like that.

That's the one I remember as well. I don't think he even got a shot on net.

AUAIOMRN

Aug 22, 2005
Edmonton

Was going to post the same thing. I think this is the one OP is thinking of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad