Movies: Highlander reboot enters pre-production Henry Cavill linked

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Could be interesting---been rumours for awhile

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I like that Stahelski says in the CBR article that he'll approach it like he did the four John Wick movies by keeping it fun and slightly ridiculous for audiences, even though it's serious business to the characters. It sounds like he's a good fit for Highlander.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
Not gonna lie, i remember two things about Highlander. A) There can only be one & B) the kickass and cheesy Queen song.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Eh, how about Hollywood come up with an original idea?

Henry Cavill is an OK actor. He's in the same category as Sam Worthington, Chris Pine, Gerard Butler. All are bland and serviceable. He played Superman in a bunch of crappy interpretations and has muscles. Is that really going to make people see Highlander?

Highlander although being a very good movie and idea wasn't a hit when it came out. It gained momentum from video rentals and always being shown on cable. Everything after was mediocre rehash.

I'm sure if Gen Zers watched the original, they'd get annoyed at something, or all of it.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Not gonna lie, i remember two things about Highlander. A) There can only be one & B) the kickass and cheesy Queen song.
Every show should have a kickass and cheesy Queen song opening. I don't remember Highlander that well or have nostalgia for it but I got a little into the TV series in the 90's and the impression I recall having is the sword fighting was quite good. Like something you wouldn't expect from a network TV show.

So Henry Cavil with his recent work on The Witcher could make this worthwhile.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The premise of Highlander is silly and the reason the original had a cult following is because it was on the right side of hokey and bad.

It's smart of the rebooters to not try and make is a serious film but rather more of a wink wink to the audience campy type of thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad