GDT: High Effort GDT that Took Me All Day

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Bill called an anticlimactic timeout, benched the Staal bros (and Faulk?) for the last concessive three minutes, and played a unit of Lindholm-Nash-Nestrasil, Murphy and Hainsey after pulling the goalie

#tank

Staals were out there at first, but given how the Staal bros played this game, they didn't deserve to be out there at the end.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Staals were out there at first, but given how the Staal bros played this game, they didn't deserve to be out there at the end.

yeah sorry i was just fixated on that draw where Nash got pulled.

i know great two way player/adjusting to not being on pk/recovering from injury/playing with crap line mates/whatever else but jordan has been an offensive black hole lately. he seems to have lost his most defining offensive trait, which is being a strong possession player with the ability to forcefully drive the puck down singlehandedly.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
i know great two way player/adjusting to not being on pk/recovering from injury/playing with crap line mates/whatever else but jordan has been an offensive black hole lately. he seem stop have lost his most defining offensive trait, which is being a strong possession player with the ability to forcefully drive the puck down singlehandedly.

He's been playing with his brother, and Canes leading scorer (forward) most of the season as well as with a bevy of RWs that included Lindholm, Semin, and Nestrasil. Not sure we can say he's had "crap linemates".

But I think that assuming he could miss all the time due to injury/recovery and not miss a beat is a bit optimistic. Maybe when he first came back he was energized, but now that they are clearly out of it, it's gotta be tough. I could understand why some of these guys are struggling from night to night.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
He's been playing with his brother, and Canes leading scorer (forward) most of the season as well as with a bevy of RWs that included Lindholm, Semin, and Nestrasil. Not sure we can say he's had "crap linemates".

But I think that assuming he could miss all the time due to injury/recovery and not miss a beat is a bit optimistic. Maybe when he first came back he was energized, but now that they are clearly out of it, it's gotta be tough. I could understand why some of these guys are struggling from night to night.

i was trying to give him every benefit of the doubt.

and yeah it's probably unfair to single him out, just a disappointed observation.

justin faulk/swedes are the only reason i still watch games

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Someone gif that Bill to Skinner facial shot
I have a still at least...

B_8M5M0UwAAZKgk.jpg:large

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It took a while, but it looks like Khudobin's starting to succumb to the Carolina Backup curse. Outside of the shutout against Washington (in which he was very good), he's been below average for about a month now.

4 goals on 31 shots
3 goals on 19
0 goals on 28
3 goals on 19
3 goals on 29
5 goals on 23
5 goals on 31

Tonight, he simply didn't look comfortable from the get-go. He made one good save early, but comparing his play of late to how he played last year is night and day.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Nobody thinks we're going to catch Edmonton or Buffalo -- or even Arizona. But finishing 27th guarantees one of Strome/Marner/Hanifin even if we *don't* win the lottery. It's not *all* about McDavid and ping-pong balls. Didn't we pass Nashville late in 2012-13 to cost us Seth Jones?

Finishing lower is better, period.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Nobody thinks we're going to catch Edmonton or Buffalo -- or even Arizona. But finishing 27th guarantees one of Strome/Marner/Hanifin even if we *don't* win the lottery. It's not *all* about McDavid and ping-pong balls. Didn't we pass Nashville late in 2012-13 to cost us Seth Jones?

Finishing lower is better, period.

Has Seth Jones ever had a 5 point game? Again I am right in my analysis :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad