Higgins 21's NHL Fantasy Draft - Discussion Thread - Full!

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
2009 NHL Fantasy Draft

Welcome to the 2009 NHL Fantasy Draft. I, Higgins 21, will be your commisioner.
For any problems or questions, feel free to send me a PM. You can also send a PM to dustyrockon, who will be helping me throughout the game, if ever my PM box is full or, for whatever reason, you cannot contact me.

Important Links:
Drafting Thread
Roster Thread

Important Dates:

Start of Fantasy Draft: 6PM EST, Tuesday, March 31st.
Free Agency:
Trade Deadline:
2009 Entry Draft:

[FIELDSET="Everything You Need to Know"]

[FIELDSET="Game Schedule"]

• The NHL Fantasy Draft
• A Free Agency period will take place, where all players that are not drafted during the fantasy draft will become unrestricted free agents, which you will then be able to sign.
• A season and playoffs will then take place, to determine the Stanley Cup Champion (method TBA).
• The 2009 NHL Entry Draft will follow (real prospects).
• Another period of Free Agency will take place. Players who were not drafted or signed during the initial period of Free Agency, as well as real UFA's will be available during this period.[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="General Game Rules"]

• The NHL Salary cap of $56.7 million is in effect, and you must keep it in mind and respect it while drafting.
• Trades and re-signings are allowed throughout the game. Any trades should be PMed to me. I will anounce them. I will also be the players' Agent, so PM me with offers as well.
• NTC's and NMC's do count. Myself and dustyrockon will judge if the NTC would be waived or not. We have the final say on every trade.
• Real life injuries will be ignored during this game.
• All teams still own their Entry Draft picks (you have your 1st through 7th round picks in the entry draft).[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Fantasy Draft Rules"]
• The Draft will be 23 rounds long; enough to build a complete line-up and have three spare players.
• Before every round of the draft, every GM MUST PM me a list of their top 30 choices, in order of preference, unless you are 110% sure that you will be around when it is your turn to draft.
• If you do not provide a list and you are not around when it is your turn to draft, we will choose the player who has the most points in the NHL currently who is still available, so sometimes it could be a good pick for you, but sometimes not.
• Failure to provide lists or show up to draft for two consecutive rounds will result in you losing your team, and the spot will be re-opened for whoever wants it.
• Once your turn has passed, PM the next GM to tell them they they are up.
• You will have 4 hours to make a selection. If you haven't announced who you are drafting after your 4 hours is up, we will choose the highest player available on your list if you submitted one, or the top player for points still available for you.
• The 4 hour rule does not apply from 2AM to 10AM EST time, so if it is your turn to draft at 12AM EST, then you technically have until 12PM the next day to make your selection (Two hours from midnight to 2AM, then two hours from 10AM to 12PM is your four hours).[/FIELDSET]

[/FIELDSET]

General Managers
Team | User
Anaheim|TheRocket84
Atlanta|Trashers fans
Boston|Andrew Ference
Buffalo|slats432
Calgary|Higgins 21
Carolina|citizencope
Chicago|BigBen31
Colorado|ESY16
Columbus|CAPiTA
Dallas|Leopold Stotch
Detroit|fedro91
Edmonton|OilGagner89
Florida|prodigyskater
Los Angeles|Theron
Minnesota|DietCokeHead
Montreal|dustyrockon
Nashville|TourettesGuy
New Jersey|NowitzkisBrownNugget
NY Islanders|Scorvo
NY Rangers|TBLbrifri
Ottawa|agent2421
Philadelphia|Hollywood Hamels
Phoenix|OilEberle
Pittsburgh|eagles101
San Jose|Max1337
St. Louis|hockeyfan666666
Tampa Bay|odishabs
Toronto|juice1815
Vancouver|HolyHodgson25
Washington|Basszor

Draft Order
Pick | Team
1|Chicago
2|Colorado
3|St. Louis
4|Tampa Bay
5|NY Rangers
6|Atlanta
7|Dallas
8|Detroit
9|Pittsburgh
10|Carolina
11|Anaheim
12|Philadelphia
13|Washington
14|Ottawa
15|Nashville
16|Toronto
17|Calgary
18|Vancouver
19|Boston
20|Minnesota
21|San Jose
22|NY Islanders
23|Edmonton
24|Buffalo
25|Florida
26|Columbus
27|Phoenix
28|New Jersey
29|Montreal
30|Los Angeles

Last edited:

Angelo25

Jun 2, 2007
VANCOUVER please... but please set this up.. im dying to prove that im the best gm here again.. lol

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
sweet. ill take the Oilers.

We could also do just 10 teams or something to make it quicker..

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
i ll join, That would be great but not another Mock draft. So that s good. But you could even add another 2 team if you want.

I would take Detroit.

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
I'll def be in! I also have a done a fantasy entry draft... takes a lot of time but it's really fun to do... If you need any help just PM me and I'll try and help out a bit.

I'll take Ottawa

Also if you need help with the tables or just the layout, here's my old fantasy draft thread...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=546325

This should be fun!

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
Just remember the team your choosing does NOT mean you will be getting the players on that team. Its Fantasy Draft. Justin making sure ;) And i would take hmm how about Montreal!

Angelo25

Jun 2, 2007
I'll def be in! I also have a done a fantasy entry draft... takes a lot of time but it's really fun to do... If you need any help just PM me and I'll try and help out a bit.

I'll take Ottawa

Also if you need help with the tables or just the layout, here's my old fantasy draft thread...

This should be fun!

yeah agent and i are running the best draft here so we dont mind giving u guys pointers as well... it def so much fun.. better than an entry draft. lol

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
It's about time someone made a Fantasy Draft, I havent seen one since the summer time.

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal

I'll take Ottawa

This should be fun!

Thanks a lot for the input. Seems well organized.

Dusty and I will definitely be doing this. I will set it up tomorrow. For now, feel free to claim a spot in the game and a team.

I'll be Calgary.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Another way too speed it up is host live drafts ever so often. Everyone comes on the thread and makes their picks consistently.

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
haha rofl at ultimate draft.. that was a fail, I mean it was good when we picked but it just died after...

Just for some input, if you want try making it into a game where fantasy points will award you for the people you chose... Basically if you do it in a keeper league way and a way that people would be interested in staying whether you use a yahoo league or the pickuphockey league I'm doing, i think it would be better.

I think it'll last longer if you do it like that otherwise after the draft it'll probably die out like the Ultimate Draft.

Anyways glad your doing this, and I hope this turns out well!

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
haha rofl at ultimate draft.. that was a fail, I mean it was good when we picked but it just died after...

Just for some input, if you want try making it into a game where fantasy points will award you for the people you chose... Basically if you do it in a keeper league way and a way that people would be interested in staying whether you use a yahoo league or the pickuphockey league I'm doing, i think it would be better.

I think it'll last longer if you do it like that otherwise after the draft it'll probably die out like the Ultimate Draft.

Anyways glad your doing this, and I hope this turns out well!

That's still going? haha wow.. My team was pretty pathetic in that draft.

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
I would love to be in this, I was in Smapti's draft in the summer that failed, I was a timely poster. I would like to be New Jersey, thanks!

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
I can't say for anyone else since Higgins and Dusty is running this but I'd love to do 30 teams... To me it just makes it more better and realistic but it's up to them and how they want to run it.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I can't say for anyone else since Higgins and Dusty is running this but I'd love to do 30 teams... To me it just makes it more better and realistic but it's up to them and how they want to run it.

yea. but than what would we be drafting for? next season..? oh well it's up to them I could honestly care less im just excited to get this going..

BenJesus

Feb 24, 2009
i think we'd all get different results if we simmed our seasons on NHL 09 but we should get all the GM's and play each other on NHL O9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad